$99 HP Touchpads - FIRESALE!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I just got a second order in at Cost Central... I still don't know if I got my first one so I have no idea what to expect. If i end up getting a second one I will be selling it at cost on the forums... I will let you guys know.

There are tons of people buying like 20 of these trying to turn a profit, but I think that **** is shady. If I have a spare one I will pass the deal on to a forumite who wants one.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
jwingfie

Post by jwingfie »

WalzAaronFFG wrote: There are tons of people buying like 20 of these trying to turn a profit, but I think that **** is shady. If I have a spare one I will pass the deal on to a forumite who wants one.
The best buy I got mine at had a strict one per customer policy. Luckily I had my girlfriend with me to purchase my second one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

WalzAaronFFG wrote:I just got a second order in at Cost Central... I still don't know if I got my first one so I have no idea what to expect. If i end up getting a second one I will be selling it at cost on the forums... I will let you guys know.

There are tons of people buying like 20 of these trying to turn a profit, but I think that **** is shady. If I have a spare one I will pass the deal on to a forumite who wants one.
I would be very interested in one if you manage to get one! That is incredibly nice of you. All of my local Best Buys have sold out.

Thanks for the heads up too.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

If anyone still doesn't have one Barnes and Noble just went live and their site hasn't been smashed yet. GO NOW!

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/HP-Touc ... 2Btouchpad

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread ... it41815736
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

Spyderco Navaja
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Very cool..
My order was placed.
Thank you
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

WalzAaronFFG wrote:If anyone still doesn't have one Barnes and Noble just went live and their site hasn't been smashed yet. GO NOW!

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/HP-Touc ... 2Btouchpad

Woo! Got an order in. Thanks for the heads up again!
justinl

Post by justinl »

I got a 32 gigger for 149$ on the canadian HP site. The 16gb pads were sold out. The weird thing is that when i went to the checkout proper, I had to buy it at the regular price of 499. I'm hoping it was just a mistake and I'll actually be charged the discounted price. If not, I'll just send it back.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I am kicking myself because I just bought a Ipad2 just under 2 weeks ago.
I ended up adding another touchpad to my order to give to my mother because she wanted a e reader but at 100 the touchpad is cheaper. The other one will be for my son. He is almost 3 but has taken over my IPad for angry birds and music so I figure at 100 I don't have to worry as much when he uses it, like I do when he is banging on my 600 iPad..
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I want to thank the original OP for the heads up on this because I would of never even heard of this whiteout seeing it here.
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

gunnut35 wrote:I want to thank the original OP for the heads up on this because I would of never even heard of this whiteout seeing it here.
+1. Thanks WalzAaronFFG!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."-George Smith Patton, Jr
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Well I got a email saying my order was ready to ship, but got another email 5 min later saying they canceled the order. I stll have not gotten a e mail on my second order.
angusW

Post by angusW »

I'm too slow. Missed them all :)
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Rumor has it that HP dot com oversold what they had in stock, so they asked stores to grab inventory and ship it back to HP. If you go to HP dot com you can sign up to be notified when they are back in stock. FYI.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Thanks guys, happy to help! I love to share deals with my fellow spydie addicts. I will keep updating the thread as they become available at different retailers. If you still don't have one you can sign up to be notified when more are available at HP.com

http://www.hp.com/united-states/webos/u ... chpad.html

An HP rep on twitter has confirmed that more WILL be in stock and available from HP, maybe sometime early this week. You can follow her on twitter at @BrynaAtHP. She is keeping people up to date on the HP ordering info.

http://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP

If you want to find one elsewhere I would keep checking this thread wiki at SlickDeals.com

This is the original place that started keeping track of all the stores that are sold out/have them available/haven't lowered price yet so it is the best place to get help finding one at the moment.

Just stay on it guys, I have 3 orders in at 3 different places. If I end up getting all 3 (doubtful) I will probably sell the extras on BladeForums and will keep you all notified so you have first dibbs on them if you want them (hope it isn't illegal to say that on Spyderco forum, sorry Kristi :o )

Happy shopping!

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Forgot to add this to my previous post. Don't get discouraged if you didn't get an order in yet. These things weren't selling AT ALL a few days ago. It is said that Best Buy had over 270,000 in their warehouses that were unsold. There still has to be thousands in various stages of distribution, so don't give up yet.

If you don't get your hands on one before they are sold out you can look on ebay. Many scumbags are ordering 10-20 and charging a premium, so it won't be $99, but you can still probably get one for $200 or less on ebay. With all of the people ordering multiples I would bet that the secondary markets will be so flooded with them that the price will drop from that to a lower price closer to $99

Spyderco Navaja
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i was checking slickdeals this AM and got to barnes and nobles early so we will see if the order went thru. i am in the same boat as the earlier poster about my kids playing with the mrs. and my cel phone, so maybe this will keep them occupied. On second thought, i should have ordered 2 of them because now they will be fighting over it..lol.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

justinl wrote:I got a 32 gigger for 149$ on the canadian HP site. The 16gb pads were sold out. The weird thing is that when i went to the checkout proper, I had to buy it at the regular price of 499. I'm hoping it was just a mistake and I'll actually be charged the discounted price. If not, I'll just send it back.
HP had said something about this, it was a glitch in their system. If you are charged full price they will credit you the difference, guaranteed. No worries.

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

tonydahose wrote:i was checking slickdeals this AM and got to barnes and nobles early so we will see if the order went thru. i am in the same boat as the earlier poster about my kids playing with the mrs. and my cel phone, so maybe this will keep them occupied. On second thought, i should have ordered 2 of them because now they will be fighting over it..lol.
Yeah some B&N orders are being canceled according to slick deals. This is why I put 3 orders in at 3 different stores. There is no telling what will happen. Even large retailers like B&N.com don't have a good grasp on inventory management when a sale like this occurs.

They go from selling 10 per day in the whole US to 1000 per min. Not an easy thing to manage. Most sites that have went live with the sale have had their servers slammed so hard that the site becomes unresponsive. Your best bet is to check SlickDeals for a site that has them available in the middle of the night... fewer people will be ordering and it makes it easier to get an order in.

I hope EVERYONE who ordered one gets one. I hope the people who ordered 10+ get screwed. Lots of people bought 2, 3, 4, even 7 for Xmas presents, business gifts, etc. This makes total sense to me, but if people just buy them to resell them at a higher price they just ruin if for everyone else.

http://www.pcconnectionexpress.com/ Just went live with the sale. looks like 32GB's only. They are getting SLAMMED so I doubt anyone will be able to get an order in.

Spyderco Navaja
justinl

Post by justinl »

oh cool thanks walz. I guess I'll just let the order go through and if I am charged in full at the end, I'll just return it. no harm no foul right?

As a sidenote, I wonder what will happen to all the touchpad specific accessories now? like the cover, the touchpad inductive charger, screen protectors etc. Do you predict those will go on sale soon?
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I'm hoping since I just ordered one, that my order won't be cancelled. Looks like people who placed multiple orders with HP are getting the axe.

Is it just me, or did HP just find the magic pricepoint? ;)

I can't wait for the android port :D
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.