The Keepers

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dbcad

The Keepers

Post by dbcad »

Since my pay was cut and prices on everything has risen I like many others have had to constrain or cut back on their :spyder: collections.

These are the keepers. The only one missing is the Caspian which is in my lunchbox. Then I think about the bug in my wallet ;)

Don't think I'll lack sharp even though I've sold a few. I will say the edges on all but 3 or 4 have been enhanced.

A little FB heavy, but I do like the Mules. Appreciate your Spydercos :)
Attachments
after the latest cull small.jpg
after the latest cull small.jpg (98.02 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Rhiney

Post by Rhiney »

Nice collection -- I see we have some of the same tastes! :)

But...where oh where is your Sage 1? And not a single military in sight! For shame! :P
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Pretty good. If I were to trim my collection I would keep many of the same ones. The GB, ZDP Stretch, PPT, FG Urban, LB, DF (though I would go G10), and Mules...
On the hunt for...
cckw

Post by cckw »

I have seen that damascus Mule here before :)
JLS

Post by JLS »

Looks like you've chosen well to cover nearly any conceivable cutting chores. My collection of keepers would look somewhat different, but that's because I'm starting with different knives. I do have to agree with you on the Mules...they're addictive.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Agree JLS the mules are addictive. I'm a sheath short, but the SuperBlue resides in a knife block now :rolleyes: The edge on the modified mule is a little insane :D ...but the Mules are meant for playing. I have to see if I can improve my technique enough to get the edge on the modified Mule even more nutty :rolleyes:

The D'Fly and L'bug are both ZDP. Thre's still an H1 SE L'Bug on my keychain also. The littler blades are really nice, even down to the value line. They perform and it's gratifying to give one away to an individual who can appreciate it.

I do feel incredibly knife rich with what I have :) Especially so because most of the edges are my own. All credit goes to the company that produces this stuff. You know they like knives :D
Charlie

BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Looks like an awesome collection still...love the Balance...one of my very favorites!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

I think you're missing a Caly 3.5. :p
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

and a Para 2.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

For me I'm not missing anything :)
Charlie

BAL

Post by BAL »

Nice collection, very nice. Although I do agree on the Millie and Para 2 as keepers. Thats what makes it all great though, we all have a common appreciation for great craftmanship and quality knives, but slighly different tastes.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

dbcad wrote:Since my pay was cut and prices on everything has risen I like many others have had to constrain or cut back on their :spyder: collections.

These are the keepers. The only one missing is the Caspian which is in my lunchbox. Then I think about the bug in my wallet ;)

Don't think I'll lack sharp even though I've sold a few. I will say the edges on all but 3 or 4 have been enhanced.

A little FB heavy, but I do like the Mules. Appreciate your Spydercos :)
I opened this thread just to look at your keepers again. I've sold a few lately because I didn't use them. I had made a display board. Lots of thought went into it. Scrap piece of 1"x8" pine. Added a few nails and I had a masterpiece. Spyderco had a great idea of putting a hole in the blade to use for hanging up our knives. Great insight. :) Anyway my board is a little lite now. There are a couple of new ones though (Kiwi, Native, Gayle Bradley). My goal is to have the board holding only knives I use (keepers). I had some that I never used. It's wierd but I had a blue handle Stretch that I loved but never used. I'm not sure why, it's a great knife. I just always grabbed something right next to it. Anyway someone now has it that enjoys it. I'm sure my Stretch misses me though. :(

Jack
dwong

Post by dwong »

nice, wish i got in on that bushcraft FB...
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Nice collection. Makes me want to get a Mule or two. Still haven't tried a Spyderco fixed blade.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I'll state one (maybe 2) more thought and let the thread die. If folks find themselves in a position where it might be helpful to thin out a collection, make sure it's done with no regret. It took me about a month to come to my realization this time and accept it.

Lightening up has it's own rewards. I get cash in pocket, another knife nut gets a great deal, and you have a chance to do something nice for someone if you're so inclined.

No regrets, reaping some rewards, and still have plenty of sharp to choose from. With Spyderco I still feel truly knife rich :) I found the best production company for me.

The best part is that they're all very sharp :D
Charlie

gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

That is a very nice selection to keep.
I think I will downsizing my collection as well.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

You're not itching to get a Caly 3.5 in Super Blue?

I just remember your thread about your Mule in that steel.