frustration rant!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BJEOD

frustration rant!

Post by BJEOD »

well, it finally happened. I lost a knife. Not any old knife though, my new gayle bradley. I am always so careful, but I decided to clip that bad boy to the outside of my bomb suit today, and somewhere along the line it fell off. I am so mad at myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one sometime soon. For now its back to my old millie. Whine session complete. Thanks for your support in these downtrodden time.
"I'd rather get blown up than look stupid."
- One of the greats

:spyder:para 2 digital, gayle bradley, BD1 UKPK, Manix 2, Millie x2, Delica 4 green, Delica 4 SS, Progrip lightweight, Ladybug 1 x2:spyder:
jossta

Post by jossta »

Feel your pain brother. Lost mine for about a week and was sick about it. Luckily I ended up finding it. I purposely carry that knife b/c I know it can be replaced, but man was I pissed without it.

Hope you're able to get another!
Slash

Post by Slash »

Good thing you didn't need it to difuse any bombs.
BJEOD

Post by BJEOD »

it really does suck, first time I've ever lost one and it had to be my gb
"I'd rather get blown up than look stupid."
- One of the greats

:spyder:para 2 digital, gayle bradley, BD1 UKPK, Manix 2, Millie x2, Delica 4 green, Delica 4 SS, Progrip lightweight, Ladybug 1 x2:spyder:
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Yeah, I cringed a little when I saw it was your Spyderco Gayle Bradley you lost. Any way to retrace your steps to find it?
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Eeek, I hope you find it!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Tough break bro... I can empathize, the sand out here has eaten more than one of my knives over the years as well. I've learned to dummy cord pretty much everything I carry to my person if I want it to stay mine during a trip to the field. On the upside... El Paso has some pretty good B&M shops that carry a fair amount of Spyderco, so I have generally been able to obtain a suitable replacement without waiting for the UPS man (albeit... at a slight increase in cost :p ).
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Perry

Post by Perry »

bomb suit
What?
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Man it always bites when you lose a great knife.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Ouch! That's not a easy loss! Thankfully the most expensive thing I've lost is some assisted CRKT. now a days though if I'm working on a wildfire i always clip my knife IWB and with the belt runnig over the clip too. That or I carry a relatively disposable Byrd.
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Brother I truly feel your pain. I use to work in a wetland area in the north part of our state and within 6 months I lost an original VG-10 Spyderhawk and a plain edged Merlin both in the same area. I still have heartaches over those 2 losses.

I'm finding more brainy ways of keeping my Spyders safer and more well attached so that doesn't happen anymore hopefully. And it really hurts when you've developed a sentimental attachment to it.

I recently had a very close call with my very beloved G-10, ATS-55 Harpy. I was helping a lady load up several sacks of potatoes for a ministry we were helping. The potatoe sacks were that fishnet type of nylon and one of the sacks caught the clip of my Harpy.

Fortunately I believe the good Lord told me what happened. I called the lady and sure enough when she unloaded them she found the knife attached to one of the potatoe sacks. When she brought the knife back to me I gave her a hug that lasted almost 5 minutes ( at least it seemed like that long :rolleyes :) and treated her to lunch.

You've just got to be careful and I'm going to starting rigging up special pocket flaps to maybe safeguard this from happening again.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!