Tactical ball point pens

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
v8r

Tactical ball point pens

Post by v8r »

I know the title sounds a little funny. Just looking for a rugged ball point pen that doesn't break the bank. I would prefer a push button pen made from machined aluminium. A twist type would be fine also. I saw the uzi pen online and the price is attractive, but I could do without the crown on top. Any suggestions?
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Check out the SW MP tactical pen, ($18-22) or the scharde tactical pen which is the same price. They are both great pens...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

gunnut35 wrote:Check out the SW MP tactical pen, ($18-22) or the scharde tactical pen which is the same price. They are both great pens...
Assuming you want to use it as a pen as well as carrying it for SD, then the M&P is better, IMHO, because the cap can be secured on the pen in the open position. The caps on the Schrade and the other S&W Tactical do not. I find that to be a nuisance as you either have it bobbling around loose on to of the pen, put it down, or hold it in your other hand. All three take a standard Parker refill.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
BAL

Post by BAL »

Stay Safe has what looks like a nice pen with the MBC (Martial Blade Concepts) logo, however, it may fall into your "breaking the bank" category. Just thought I'd mention it. I've seen Michael Janich go thru some drills on Best Defense with a tactical pen. Of course Mike can somehow turn a drinking straw into some sort of lethal weapon.

http://www.staysafemedia.com/product.ph ... UFF-WRITER OPERATOR SERIES PEN WITH MBC LOGO
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

A few months back I got a United Cutlery "tactical" pen that I like a lot. It's got a similar appearance to many other tactical-style pens but does not have as aggressive a pointed end and sharpened crown area. And it's a twist-open so no cap to lose, it's pretty light, and it was relatively inexpensive--around $20. I've used it in classes and business meetings and nobody gave it a second glance. Don't know about airplane travel, though, which may depend more on what the TSA is looking for these days. Here's the link to the site where I bought it: http://www.bladeplay.com/cat--All-Items ... united+pen
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey v8r,
if you really want to go the cheaper route, check out the zebra f-701 pen sold at wallyworld.
it's a clicky, writes fairly well, is mostly metal constuction, and is only @ $6.00.
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
JabFynger

Post by JabFynger »

sharpguitarist wrote:hey v8r,
if you really want to go the cheaper route, check out the zebra f-701 pen sold at wallyworld.
it's a clicky, writes fairly well, is mostly metal constuction, and is only @ $6.00.
later,
don
I second this one. It can be slightly tweaked to fit Fisher refills too. I carry mine every day.
"You could have opened that with your hands." "Ya, but this knife cost me $60...the hands were free.":spyder:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Third to the Zebra. Awesome pen.

The Fisher Bullet Pen (not the one that looks like a rifle cartridge) gets my nod as a small carry pen. I just love the Fisher refill. It's not tactical tho.

Marrying those two pens like mentioned above would be amazing.
the-0

Post by the-0 »

while the fisher space bullet pen isnt a tacticalpen ive discovered that mine if u hit yourself with either end hurts quite a bit.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Or the normal clicky "Space Pen". Most their products are machined brass and pretty tough.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Here is the m&p
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Here is the m&p next to a fisher bullet pen
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I think that fisher does have a refill that will fit the SW tactical pens.
Another option is the Fisher x-mark pens. They are a bullet pen with the cap end box shaped so it makes it easier to use as a "tactical" pen, and they are cheap. I got one from Amazon for $12shipped.
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

And don't forget the stainless Sharpie marker. You can get those at Wally World easily enough and they make a great last-ditch bonk stick.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm dying to try the Embassy at Countycomm. They use Fisher refills.

http://www.countycomm.com/pen.html
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Blerv wrote:I'm dying to try the Embassy at Countycomm. They use Fisher refills.

http://www.countycomm.com/pen.html
I love the fact tha the embassy pen is sterile and I love the looks of it. The only problem is you can't secure the cap. But it is a decent price and it does not look like the typical, " tactical " pen, which is a good thing
jossta

Post by jossta »

Bradley

Post by Bradley »

psychophipps wrote:they make a great last-ditch bonk stick.
lol :)
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
angusW

Post by angusW »

This guy makes a pretty nice pen machined from stainless steel. It's retractable with a nifty mechanism which I prefer over pens with caps.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Waco

Post by Waco »

Blerv wrote:Third to the Zebra. Awesome pen.

The Fisher Bullet Pen (not the one that looks like a rifle cartridge) gets my nod as a small carry pen. I just love the Fisher refill. It's not tactical tho.

Marrying those two pens like mentioned above would be amazing.
I carry my Bullet Pen everywhere. It's great having a pen that fits comfortably in the pocket of my jeans. They make one that hangs on a lanyard and looks sorta tactical.