Missed you guys - most messed up month ever

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

defenestrate wrote:gunnut - I am still remembering details. Upon arrival at the hospital I was semiconscious. As far as there being more to the story, I think the fact that I was cuffed to my bed for two days so I could be "incarcerated" for whatever they accused me of doing and then all of a sudden they just left without even asking the hospital to inform them of my release tells me that a> they didn't leave just so they didn't have to foot the bill and b> it must have been plain to see that I had gotten a raw deal. In any case, I have some things to consider and those things will determine exactly how I deal with this situation going forward. I know I'm not enjoying the muscle or nerve damage that I was so graciously given by the tasers.
I'm really sorry you went through what you described. Let us know about your physical condition as it progreses.

Do I understand that at this point you are not charged with anything? Let us know how that goes as well.

Get well,
Jack
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

defenestrate wrote:gunnut - I am still remembering details. Upon arrival at the hospital I was semiconscious. As far as there being more to the story, I think the fact that I was cuffed to my bed for two days so I could be "incarcerated" for whatever they accused me of doing and then all of a sudden they just left without even asking the hospital to inform them of my release tells me that a> they didn't leave just so they didn't have to foot the bill and b> it must have been plain to see that I had gotten a raw deal. In any case, I have some things to consider and those things will determine exactly how I deal with this situation going forward. I know I'm not enjoying the muscle or nerve damage that I was so graciously given by the tasers.
I do apologies if I sounded rude and I sincerely did not mean to sound like a but. It is a messed up situation and I do hope you have a full recovery without any legal issue.
Keep your head up and stay sharp.
Thank you
Shawn
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Best wishes for recovery. It does seem that the label "non-lethal" on tasers has resulted in them being overused and caused many instances of death and disability.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Glad to hear you're doing ok. I hope you recover quickly!
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Hey buddy, glad your back and doing ok.
Come Join Us Click Here
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

Hey Defenstrate, I was just searching and found your thread, how horrible! Are there any more developements since you last posted about it?

IF you werent charged with anything, you have a pretty good shot at getting those officers in hot water if you get in contact with IA.

Also about your gangster run in: I have had similar things happen to me, and when they did I was really glad for the .45 strapped to my waist. Do you carry? I'd really suggest it if you ever travel through Memphis again.

I cant believe the ammount of BS you were dealt this summer. Is that true that you are an ordained minister? If so, Id say that adds even more weight to your side V cops. You should have gone to the media immediately, and you still can.

"Ordained minister is victim of Police brutality" would be a very attention-getting headline...