Sal, please make the Matriarch a production model

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

StangBang wrote:I would love a black production model matriarch...Didn't like the brown...wasn't fond of the FFG either.
i did not like brown either to be honest but i got them cause they were both sprints but a regular production matriarch with a dark dark blue frn handle (almost like your black) ...from a distance.
steel? i'm not sure. frn best imho. navy blue but with ffg blade! :)
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Yes to all of the above.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Bump for a great idea. I've got the Sprint run Matriarch on the way, would love a smaller version or two.
blackwell

Post by blackwell »

BUMP, for a PRETTY PLEASE SAL! :D
:spyder:C81GGY20CP2 Para 2 sprint - EDC
:spyder:C157GTIP Lionspy
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

markg wrote:Yes, you can make the blade "legal length" however explaining the blade to an LEO if you have to, can still be an issue. In many states you have the blade length issue, however the laws are written so that anything that is interepreted to be a weapon (regardless of blade length) will get you some unwanted attention. However, keep in mind you will need to be doing something that draws attention in the first place.

Regardless, I would buy a couple Delica sized Matriarchs...
The Matriarch is great for gardening (pruning roses etc.) and I have a hard time keeping my brown PE safe from the wife. Works fine if one is a bit careful with the tip.

A Delica sized Cricketish blade (H1 would be perfect) would make a great gift for her and make my Matriarch safer from knife abuse ;)
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

NoFair wrote:The Matriarch is great for gardening (pruning roses etc.) and I have a hard time keeping my brown PE safe from the wife. Works fine if one is a bit careful with the tip.

A Delica sized Cricketish blade (H1 would be perfect) would make a great gift for her and make my Matriarch safer from knife abuse ;)
Or M4... :eek:

Shoot, I'd settle for S30V.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Japanese makers consider all non-Japanese steels inferior and consider it an insult to be asked to use them.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

The Deacon wrote:Japanese makers consider all non-Japanese steels inferior and consider it an insult to be asked to use them.
I really wonder about that Deacon, maybe just something they come up with so they can sell their steels. :D
Donut

Post by Donut »

I want a Super S, Superleaf frame and blade thickness with a Reverse S blade. :D
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Needless to say it, but I would definitely be in for a Delica-sized version of these:

18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Superiority or not it's disrespectful to ask unless first suggested by them. With the number of amazing exotics they have the need for a sufficient material isn't there.

I would rather see jdm steels I don't know of than "super" ones that are local. Even a s90v Delica just seems...odd.
v8r

Post by v8r »

camokid wrote:Prehaps a H-1 Matriarch would solve the problem with the weak tip. H-1 is said to be really tough; making the blade more likely to blend before it would snap. just thought I would put my 2 cents in lol! plus you could take you matriarch anywhere without fear of rust.
Yes! And they could put a "friendly" colored yellow handle on it! ;)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I kicked myself hard and repeatedly for missing the sprint... I'd absolutely be onboard for one of these as well. And hey, if the Japanese want Japanese steel for it... how bout a super blue matriarch?
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
BAL

Post by BAL »

All of the above....., I'm all in.
sal

Post by sal »

Funny you should bring that up. We are, at this time, working on something.

sal
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

sal wrote:funny you should bring that up. We are, at this time, working on something.

Sal
yes +1
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

bohica1998 wrote:Needless to say it, but I would definitely be in for a Delica-sized version of these
Agreed on so many levels! A 3" or under blade would be more rational for such as scary shape :) . Legally speaking I mean.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

After using my Cricket i've fallen in love with the reverse S blade shape. I definitely get several if there was one with a roughly 2.75-3.5" bladed one geared more for EDC (i.e. stronger tip)!

For the mean while at least, the Tasmin Salt somewhat fits the bill!
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

Sal said yes!

Well, kinda :-)

A Delica sized, S-shaped Blade (I dont care which steel) would be so...so...****, that would be cool!

I´m in for two!
Si vis pacem parabellum
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

sal wrote:Funny you should bring that up. We are, at this time, working on something.

sal
Great news Sal. A lefty clip option like on the Salts would make the wife happy :D

Sverre