How can i not lose my knives?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I'm really paranoid about my only Spydie too, so sometimes, if I'm doing riskier activities, such as canoeing, capsizing, biking, running, flying.etc, I'll clip it to the inside of my waist. Like... the clip is on the waist of my pants and the knife is sandwiched between my stomach and pants. I'm a little worried about the knife opening, but the Endura's blade is pretty tight, there's nothing to pull the blade out, and my hip bone checks the blade too. (I have it on my right side, around the 2 o'clock position, with the blade facing right, tight to my hip bone.)
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

The Deacon wrote:I take the clips off any of my knives that come with one, and carry them loose in my back pocket. I've been carrying knives that way darn near every day for almost sixty years and have yet to lose one.
I'm with you, Deacon. The only time I've lost a knife is when it has been clipped to my clothing. Now that I'm older and *ahem* fill my clothes out a bit better, the large knives clip inside my jeans pocket nice and tight. :)

But I still take the clips off all my medium and small Spydies and attach a short lanyard for better grip. This system works well for me - especially when I'm wearing slacks or a suit in the office...

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
JD Spydo

Taking precautions

Post by JD Spydo »

Funny that this thread would come up because I'm now doing a modificationi on some of my jeans, overalls, shorts that I work in to prevent that from happening. I'm going to tighten clips and locktite screws and maybe explore the possibility of an inner pocket.

Just about a month ago I had the scare of my knife carrying life. My G-10 Harpy got hooked up on a fishnet type of potato sack. Very fortunately we had given those potatoes to a Lady Minister who was very honest and found it 2 days later when she was unloading the potatoes.

Like the one brother said: Losing a premium blade sure makes you appreciate it more. I'm so thankful to GOD that I found that G-10 Harpy because I would have been depressed for months I'm sure.

Installing a flap to cover them is one way I'm going to try to rectify the problem. I'm also thinking of going with a lanyard full time. I use lanyards anytime I'm in a boat but I think I'm going to full time soon.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
GMArthur

Post by GMArthur »

2 words

Belt Sheath.

Post by spydutch »

Just like Paul I totally gave up un clips.
Lost 2 Spydies this way at work and a couple ALMOST. :eek:

A trick I learned from the Traditional section on BF is to put a rolled up bandana on top of the knife. Works great especially on the smaller ones like Ladybug, Kiwi ect.

And it's always handy to carry a bandana/big handkerchief on you anyways :)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p