Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan Reportedly Kills Members of SEAL Team 6

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bh49

Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan Reportedly Kills Members of SEAL Team 6

Post by bh49 »

"A military helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S. special operation troops, most of them from the elite Navy SEALs unit that killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, along with seven Afghan commandos. It was the deadliest single incident for American forces in the decade-long war"

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06 ... z1UH76eaY0

This is really bad day. G-d bless their soles.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Something tells me it just became open season on anyone in the Warduk province who is found to own a RPG. My heart goes out to the families of the fallen.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
D56

Post by D56 »

Makes me feel all kinds of emotions, I just don't know what to say.
A sad day indeed.

R.I.P.
SkullBouncer

It Is The Soldier.............

Post by SkullBouncer »

This is a very difficult time for so many. My heart and prayers go out to all those upon which these losses weigh most heavily.

To borrow some phraseology:

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the reporter, who gives us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us freedom to protest. It is the soldier who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the demonstrator the right to burn the flag."

In Remembrance of all 31 American servicemen killed in action on August 6, 2011 -- thank you for your Service... your Sacrifice...... and your Dedication to A Grateful Nation.

May God Bless And Keep You; Be with your families in this time of sorrow, and my God continue to bless and watch over all of our servicemen and women who will wake up tomorrow morning, and continue willingly to Serve In Harm's Way and to lay down their lives if necessary so that the United States of America, its Freedoms, It's Liberties and the Lives of its Citizens can Remain Safe Another Day.

SB / Bruce
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

It's hard to say it any better than that Bruce.
Thank you
My family and I shall never forget the sacrifices our service members make FOR US everyday.

Dan
:spyder:
Dan
buddy54ck

Let Us All Pray for Them, For This Tragic Loss that in some ways Affects All Of Us!

Post by buddy54ck »

Makes You appreciate Our Freedom, payed for with the blood of Our Service Men and Woman. We All owe them a Debt of Gratitude, which could never be repaid.
My heart goes out to all the Families and Friends of these Wonderful Heroes, who are doing nothing More than their very dangerous job. We certainly Owe them, for everything that We hold dear, though words cannot express deeply enough!
Thank You For Your Service, and God Bless Each and Every One Of You!
Deeply Saddened,
Charlie