Rule Number One of Gun Safety

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SkullBouncer

Rule Number One of Gun Safety

Post by SkullBouncer »

Never give your AK to an ape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER5BHIJE ... r_embedded

Don'cha just love the end with him valiantly holding the rifle over his head in apparent Triumph -- LMAO. :p :p

:spyder: :spyder: Stay Sharp --
-- Bruce / SB :cool: :cool:
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

And people still question evolution...Great video!
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Amazing!!!

Edit: Ok, on second watch and looking around it seems promotional material for Rise of the Apes. Still amazing, just two exclamation marks though. ;)
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I will be using this video during my next range day. Freaken great.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I would say it's a promo for sure...as it says 20th Century right on it.
On the hunt for...
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

Hi-Larious! It's almost like i can hear Chuck Heston saying..... Give me back my rifle....You **** dirty Ape!!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

ROFLMAO.....Doc :D :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Planet of the Apes anyone? :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I can't believe the number of people who thought this was real. Apes are strong, but to fire an AK without it flying out of their hands, and with no recoil to boot...c'mon people.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Evil D wrote:I can't believe the number of people who thought this was real. Apes are strong, but to fire an AK without it flying out of their hands, and with no recoil to boot...c'mon people.
I watched it and thought it was real. I got a great laugh out of it. After giving it some thought though I was questioning the validity. But, one thing that I think made it seem real was the cameraman was ducking and dodging like he was scared. But, if I had been the cameraman and it was real I wouldn't have gotten the footage he did. I'd have been long gone. Another thing about the AK flying out of the chimp's hands is this. Maybe he was used to it. Maybe he was their arms trainer. :eek: I don't know much about automatic weapons so I'm sure that helped in the initial acceptance that it was real. Anyway, it was good for a laugh. I'm still not 100% sure it was fake. It's more fun if it was real and fantasy is much more entertaining. :D

Jack
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

ROFL.. that would be a great viral cross promo for the new "Apes" movie.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

defenestrate,

Funny, because it was a viral video promoting the new "Apes" movie ;)

I pretty much figure any random video is some sort of viral promotion these days. This one has to be one of the funniest though.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I dunno, the chimp seemed to me to be the smartest one among that lot...
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Men, meet your new squad leader. :cool: :D

/ SB
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

jackknifeh wrote:I watched it and thought it was real. I got a great laugh out of it. After giving it some thought though I was questioning the validity. But, one thing that I think made it seem real was the cameraman was ducking and dodging like he was scared. But, if I had been the cameraman and it was real I wouldn't have gotten the footage he did. I'd have been long gone. Another thing about the AK flying out of the chimp's hands is this. Maybe he was used to it. Maybe he was their arms trainer. :eek: I don't know much about automatic weapons so I'm sure that helped in the initial acceptance that it was real. Anyway, it was good for a laugh. I'm still not 100% sure it was fake. It's more fun if it was real and fantasy is much more entertaining. :D

Jack
I've shot about ~10 rounds out of an AK and it about shook my teeth loose. They definitely have some recoil. The more i think about it, the strength of a chimp's grip is way stronger than a human's, so maybe it wouldn't have flown out of his hands but still there wasn't much recoil happening.

I'm pretty intrigued about the new movie though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

SkullBouncer wrote:Men, meet your new squad leader. :cool: :D

/ SB
LOL, too funny! :D :D :D
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:I've shot about ~10 rounds out of an AK and it about shook my teeth loose. They definitely have some recoil. The more i think about it, the strength of a chimp's grip is way stronger than a human's, so maybe it wouldn't have flown out of his hands but still there wasn't much recoil happening.

I'm pretty intrigued about the new movie though.
I had an AK, you pretty much have to snug the butt against your shoulder or it gets momentum going and slams you.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

By the time chimps are three years old they have tremendous upper body strength. Back in my college days I worked in the Animal Behavior Lab at a major University for my Psychology undergraduates degree. We had rhesus monkeys, chimps, orangutans, squirrel monkeys, pigeons and a few other types of animals. I once saw one of my Psych Professors shake hands with a 4 years old chimp, and the chimp literally picked him off the ground and threw him over his shoulder about 6 feet behind him with one hand..... :eek: ...Glad it wasn't me, my Professor had to be hospitalized but he recovered from the fall. After that he wouldn't go near the chimps...LOL....I don't know they seems to like me...maybe because I fed them and saw them on a daily basis and they were used to having me around...this Professor rarely came down to the lab....and when he did most of the monkeys got great pleasure from throwing their feces at him...LOL...we basically did all that Professor's experiments for him...he just collected the grant money.....and an occasional feces or two.... ;) Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

That video was hilarious. Promo or not it was great. I could definitely see it happening though
BAL

Post by BAL »

dcmartin2001 wrote:Hi-Larious! It's almost like i can hear Chuck Heston saying..... Give me back my rifle....You **** dirty Ape!!
That's FN hysterical man.