Which picture best for calender?

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
SUDS

Which picture best for calender?

Post by SUDS »

Hello I was hoping some of ya would help me decide on which picture I should submit for the Calender contest.
Always a tough decision, thanks for the help! :)

(Pictures listed below number)
1Image

2Image

3Image

4Image

5Image
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I'd say photo number 1, and the number 5.
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

I like 1
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

Photo number 1 for sure.
Spyder Count: 7
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

1,4 or 5 hmmmm, tough pick ,, probably 1
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Gotta go in different direction...#2!!!

Great composition with the vertical shadows of the trees.
It is the ultimate Spyderco statement. You just see the outline. No need for knowing scale or lock type or steel or grind.
You can see the essences of Spyderco...ergonomic handle...choil...leaf shape blade...and the Spyder hole.

It says it all without having to say it!

Nice pic!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

SQSAR wrote:I'd say photo number 1, and the number 5.
+1

I am wondering how they feel about mods in the Calendar though. I was thinking they might prefer production knives. I have no idea what i'm going to enter, but I don't think I am skilled enough to base my decision on anything but raw visual appeal. I can't be worried about which ones have mods or which ones are sprints.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

WalzAaronFFG wrote: I am wondering how they feel about mods in the Calendar though. I was thinking they might prefer production knives. I have no idea what i'm going to enter, but I don't think I am skilled enough to base my decision on anything but raw visual appeal. I can't be worried about which ones have mods or which ones are sprints.
From the contest thread:
dapagco wrote: Image must include a Spyderco product(s). Any product Spyderco has ever made is fair game. Product can be mint, used and abused, or radically modified. Your submission can be seasonal, retro, traditional, artistic, black and white, color, sepia, comedic or serious. Set your imagination loose. We want to see it all.
;)

Oh and I like #2 most, followed by #1.
SDR

Post by SDR »

okay, weighing in on behalf of contrarians around the world, i'm loving #5. it just smacks of hot fun in the summertime. it would be a perfect june calendar shot!

#1 is a beautiful picture but the knife is not the focal point -- the lake is.

#2 the knife is obfuscated and swallowed by the shadows.

#3 begs the question: what happened to the guy/gal who owned the knife? the obvious possibility conjures an ugly image!

#4 uninspiring on many levels and certainly does not do justice to such a fine knife.

# 5 the colors! the colors! a wide array of vibrant colors in many shapes and sizes. my eye first zeroes in on the knife and then begins to explore the periphery. my eyes dance frenetically. aye! a veritable cornucopia of visual pleasures abound within that tackle box. yet, none so beautiful as the stately spydie as she reigns supreme with a subtle majestic dominance over her colorful kingdom.

*scratches head* did i mention that i kind of liked number five, already?
Donut

Post by Donut »

I like #2.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
BAL

Post by BAL »

ragen

Post by ragen »

Number 4
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I like the idea of #5 the best, but if possible, would retake the picture as the focus on the camera was set to behind the knife, making it look a little soft and drawing my eyes from the knife and onto the sharply focused lures. But that may be just me. I'm a camera operator and assistant for a living, so I really notice when the focus is off in an image.

I also like #2, as it has great composition, the silhouette is tack-sharp, and it is a little more interesting since it doesn't just show you knife outright.

#4 is great, but in the wrong orientation (taller than it is wide), on #1 my eyes keep getting drawn to the lake for some reason, and #3 is kind of fun, but the image itself isn't quite as artistic as the others you came up with.

Don't get me wrong, I like them all! Any criticism I offer is merely constructive and designed to help you get the best chance of winning! Keep up the good work.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Lovin' #3, and my second choice would be #5.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Thanks for the Comments everyone! I appreciate it
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
D56

Post by D56 »

I like the color content of 5