Spyderco 2012 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wec12

Post by wec12 »

cosmo7809 wrote:Wec12, VERY nice picture.
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
psmith27

Spyderco spin

Post by psmith27 »

Many amazing pictures so far...here is my submission.

I took this photo on a walk close to Mt. Crested Butte during their annual wildflower festival right here in Colorado. The knife pictured is the spin and I thought the sunflowers that also spin during the day to follow the sun were a nice backdrop. This little knife has seen prolific use and has traveled many places with me.

Thanks
Patrick
jasonp1

Post by jasonp1 »

So I was out working on a South Texas Ranch and right before sunset. There was some cool looking light available and I I thought it might make a good photo of the two Spyderco's I carry at work, the Dragonfly2 and Endura4.
Jason
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

That's one beautiful shot, Jasonp1
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

A lot of really good entries this year! I'm still pretty much in the middle of moving into a new house. Although my spydies are unpacked, my mind is still filled with chores to do in the house, so I didn't have the energy or creativity to come up with a new idea. I'm submitting an older photo I took. It was a secondary option for the first calendar contest and I am curious to see how it would fare.

Tiger Coral Kopa
Spyderco is well known as an outdoor product, as many of the entries show really well. I think Spyderco also makes a lot of very cleverly designed knives for indoor use, like the office. The Kopa series is a nice example of a stylish and classic gent's knife. This tiger coral Kopa has proven a very reliable performer for me, it's cut more than just paper or fruit. It's cut electrical cords and even scraped drywall to get at some power outlets. The knife is still solid as a rock. One sharpening, cleaning an polishing session later and it's ready to be tucked in my suit again. Over the past few years, the Kopa's good looks have also turned some non-knife people into clip-carrying spyderknuts. Carrying a good knife is indeed quite elementary, dear Watson!

My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

My favorite :)

Nice one Blondie that is one of my fave Kopa shots !
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Rudeco

Post by Rudeco »

nice pics everyone!!1
dapagco

Post by dapagco »

Great submissions everyone! Just a reminder, you have one week left submit your photos in the contest. Only 1 image can be entered, but you can modify/switch your original image as many times as you want before the end of the contest (just make sure to fully delete the first one).

We hope to have the winners selected and announced around August 15, so be sure to keep an eye out.
D56

Post by D56 »

Spyderco Squeak.

Simple pic of my latest purchase - My other Spyderco's could be too marked for this type of pic. A nice little pocket folder for UK EDC.

captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

This is submitted on behalf of me and my wife. Photo is titled: "Chokwe staring down African elephant." The photo is meant to highlight the African heritage of the knife.
Attachments
IMG_4700_0_600webopt.jpg
IMG_4700_0_600webopt.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Blue Manix II sprint run
We are not isolated beings. That which surrounds us affects us, and is what we are inevitably linked to. Like the reflection on a blade of steel, our world is reflected in us and binds us to it, and though we may cut into it we may never cut it off, as it is a part of us.
This painting is a celebration of the joy we take in our tasks, however small.
Attachments
spyderco lower res jeremy tracz.jpg
spyderco lower res jeremy tracz.jpg (94.1 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Forest

Spyderco Military Brown Earth decaying branch

Post by Forest »

The lady and I set up this photo on vacation in Montana.
EnjoyImage
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

Here is a picture of a Barong with a red-spotted newt. These little salamanders are very common here in Pennsylvania. My wife and I were camping and hiking on a rainy day in Parker Dam State Park and came upon this excellent photo opportunity.
Attachments
Copy of DSCN3672 (Large).jpg
Copy of DSCN3672 (Large).jpg (108.14 KiB) Viewed 5018 times
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Cheddarnut wrote:Blue Manix II sprint run
We are not isolated beings. That which surrounds us affects us, and is what we are inevitably linked to. Like the reflection on a blade of steel, our world is reflected in us and binds us to it, and though we may cut into it we may never cut it off, as it is a part of us.
This painting is a celebration of the joy we take in our tasks, however small.
Did you paint that, or is it an effect? Either way - gorgeous!

- best wishes, Jazz.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Jazz wrote:Did you paint that, or is it an effect? Either way - gorgeous!

- best wishes, Jazz.
Thanks Jazz! Yes, its a painting. I set up a photo and then painted this piece using the photo as reference.
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

Cheddarnut wrote:Thanks Jazz! Yes, its a painting. I set up a photo and then painted this piece using the photo as reference.
That's amazing! I was just scrolling down the page and stopped on it for a second and thought it was a nice picture. I got to the bottom and realized it was a painting. Great work!
Spyder Count: 7
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Mr Blonde wrote: Tiger Coral Kopa
The Kopa series is a nice example of a stylish and classic gent's knife. This tiger coral Kopa has proven a very reliable performer for me, it's cut more than just paper or fruit. It's cut electrical cords and even scraped drywall to get at some power outlets. The knife is still solid as a rock. One sharpening, cleaning an polishing session later and it's ready to be tucked in my suit again. Over the past few years, the Kopa's good looks have also turned some non-knife people into clip-carrying spyderknuts. Carrying a good knife is indeed quite elementary, dear Watson!

Wouter,
Great picture. Thank you. This is one of my favorite Kopas
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpydieKnut

Scorpions are Spydies too!

Post by SpydieKnut »

This is a tribute to the creative genius of my mate and fellow Aussie, Reject and his original Spydie Spider!
Few people realize that scorpions are also Arachnids (spiders), and their favourite food is eating other spiders. Here's mine:Image
Spot the following Spydies in this group: Q, Frank Centofante (P & S), Native (P & S), Mannix2 (P & S), Paramilitary, Tim Wegner, P'kal, Vesuvius, Renegade, Catcherman, Gunting, and ofcourse Karambit!

Sorry for the last minute entry, this is incredibly difficult arrangement to make and I spent many frustrating days trying to improve on this...

Thanks Reject for encouraging me and directing me here.
AKA: KnifeKnut on ABF.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

I_like_sharp_things wrote:That's amazing! I was just scrolling down the page and stopped on it for a second and thought it was a nice picture. I got to the bottom and realized it was a painting. Great work!
Thanks Sharp Things :) Its fun to have a reason to paint knives, contests like this are a treat and help focus us, literally in the case of photographers, lol.
Bflo

Post by Bflo »