EDC POCKET CHECK! empty out your pockets and what you carry, lets see em

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

[img][IMG]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7383/img3000dr.jpg[/img]

Thought I had to fit in with all the guns.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I noticed that IrishSpyder22 and Doc both have North American Arms 22's. It's a sweet little pocket weapon for sure.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

My EDC has changed since the last pic I posted earlier in this thread...That was about 2-3 months ago...This is today's carry, Minus, The cell phone which is taking this pic and another "Subcom", "Wharning" and Speedloader filled with .357 mag 145 grain Winchester Silvertips in my over shirt. This is kinda light summer carry, plus I just got two new custom Pakals (in the pic) which is a new EDC....observe there is no "Ronin" :( not till the winter...it now resides comfortably in my bathrobe :eek: but here's today's pic anyway.....Doc :D

[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... 1_1037.jpg[/img][/IMG]
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
dmon

Post by dmon »

dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

All black Milli Sage 1 Dragonfly Salt SE USPc Quark Cr2 mini
Attachments
IMAG0173.jpg
IMAG0173.jpg (22.08 KiB) Viewed 2906 times
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

Doc, after 5 years of carrying knives I still can't understand why you carry so many :D

I mean if you ever did have to use them and not your revolver (which you also have 2 of, do you plan on missing more than 5 times?), when would you ever need more than 2 knives? Are you expecting the blades to snap with every thrust/cleave?

I mean no offense by this post I just can't understand why you need so many redundancies :confused:
tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

dmon wrote:Image
Which benchmade would that be? Pretty sure I saw it at the store the other day and was thinking about it but not a fan of linerlocks :D
jossta

Post by jossta »

My pockets from today:

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

tacticooledc wrote:Doc, after 5 years of carrying knives I still can't understand why you carry so many :D

I mean if you ever did have to use them and not your revolver (which you also have 2 of, do you plan on missing more than 5 times?), when would you ever need more than 2 knives? Are you expecting the blades to snap with every thrust/cleave?

I mean no offense by this post I just can't understand why you need so many redundancies :confused:
No matter how many times I see people ask this question, the answers never stop amusing me :p .

Also, Doc doesn't plan to miss... he just bases his carry options on the hypothesis that he will be attacked by a minimum of ten people... most likely people of the ninja variety :p .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Seems like since I'm willing to add a not-so-witty-quip to the thread, least I can do is a carry dump. Well, a post duty day carry dump... no guns in uniform while in garrison, so a duty day dump would be pretty dull. :p

For the record, I don't intend to miss 13 times... :D
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Donut

Post by Donut »

Hey Doc, what is that non-push-dagger looking wooden thing on the right?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

Image Glock 26, Copenhagen Long Cut, Manix 2 BD30P, HTC Thunderbolt and a Leatherman Micra, ITP A3 EOS and PocketToolX Brewzer on my keys.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

tacticooledc wrote:Doc, after 5 years of carrying knives I still can't understand why you carry so many :D

I have answered this questions too many times...If interested do a search of other threads related to EDC for the answer...and if you look closely there are three revolvers pictured in my EDC...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Donut wrote:Hey Doc, what is that non-push-dagger looking wooden thing on the right?
That's a Wooden push Dagger made by Nok of Nok Training knives called the Owl...slips right inside the fold of my card case and sticks out the top...She makes a thicker one as well that I have but forgot the name...can be seen on her web-site....Doc :D

I_collect_knives185

Post by I_collect_knives185 »

Gunslinger wrote:Straight up pocket dump for todays carry.

Where did you get that lanyard for the ladybug man? I could use one of those!
:spyder:Dont bite the hand that feeds you, but dont tread on me!;)
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

I_collect_knives185 wrote:Where did you get that lanyard for the ladybug man? I could use one of those!
Most of us probably make our knife lanyard ourselves, I included.

Our favourite material is paracord, you can find it in army surplus stores and several online stores. Beads can often be found in online stores as well.
Lighthound and Rotokid's shop (just google) for example sell both of these.

Lighthound also has a couple tutorials on a couple styles, (the one in the picture included) link.

You can also find pre-made lanyards in similar shops in case you don't feel like fooling around with cord yourself, I've also made a couple for other people. :)
Water_Gremlin

Post by Water_Gremlin »

Spyderco Navaja, Fenix PD31, leatherman S2 juice and somehow two pennies made their way into my pocket.

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Creepo wrote:Most of us probably make our knife lanyard ourselves, I included.

Our favourite material is paracord, you can find it in army surplus stores and several online stores. Beads can often be found in online stores as well.
Lighthound and Rotokid's shop (just google) for example sell both of these.

Lighthound also has a couple tutorials on a couple styles, (the one in the picture included) link.

You can also find pre-made lanyards in similar shops in case you don't feel like fooling around with cord yourself, I've also made a couple for other people. :)
Yah, but creepo makes some awesome lanyards. :D

Still early here but here's what I'm gonna carry today.

[img][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5567 ... aypara.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I_collect_knives185 wrote:Where did you get that lanyard for the ladybug man? I could use one of those!
I made it, It reallly helps you grip the knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Donut

Post by Donut »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:That's a Wooden push Dagger made by Nok of Nok Training knives called the Owl...slips right inside the fold of my card case and sticks out the top...She makes a thicker one as well that I have but forgot the name...can be seen on her web-site....Doc :D
The thing I circled in red is a push dagger? That is one funny looking push dagger.

-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!