Schempp Rock Rocks!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DaHolla

Schempp Rock Rocks!

Post by DaHolla »

I just received my new purchase from Howe’s, the Schempp Rock, and I have to say this is a great knife!. Not only was it priced great ($110.00) it is made like a Rock just as the name says. To anyone thinking about buying this knife I STRONGLY suggest it.
“Pain or damage don’t end the world. Or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man… and give some back.” Al Swearengen-Deadwood
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Yes indeed it does...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I got mine a little while back and for a bit more money, and I have to say that I thought it was a bargain at it's regular price, but at $110 its a steel! ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Pictures?
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

I love mine. I took it on a camping trip and performed the following with it:

1. Clear a little brush and roots
2. Split some kindling
3. Sliced up some bbq tri tip

It was happy with all three tasks and still razor sharp.

It fits real nicely into a cargo shorts pocket...
dmon

Post by dmon »

DaHolla wrote:I just received my new purchase from Howe’s, the Schempp Rock, and I have to say this is a great knife!. Not only was it priced great ($110.00) it is made like a Rock just as the name says. To anyone thinking about buying this knife I STRONGLY suggest it.
Congrats on new blade! And thanks for pointing on great deal. $110 with free shipping is a steal. :)
I love VG-10, and multi-position click looks like interesting thing. I guess I will find out soon :)
By the way, Howe's has good price on large Lum and Moran. Both are in the clearance bin section.
dmon

Post by dmon »

Alright! This sunny morning Mailman has arrived and made my otherwise great vacation even better.
Dear friends, this is simply amazing blade. My first thought was - Good Heavens, I just wish I had it during service time. Ergonomic, light yet built like name suggests. feels naturally glued to a hand. I can spin it in palm naturally without practice. Sheath and clip are more than i could wish for, so many options, one better than the other. In any position the knife acts like natural hand extension.
I just wish that it locks a bit tighter and more secure. It feels a bit weak for inverted carry. But definitely not a big deal at all. Plus it may be possible to fix it.
It's a low-numbered collectors piece, but tough luck, it is surely not becoming a shelf queen. :)
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

I bought a Schempp Rock a few weeks ago from Cutleryshoppe.com for $126...a few bucks more than Howe's was offering it I found out later on. It's one mean looking blade. I used it to slice up a watermelon the other day :)
DaHolla

Sorry for the delay...here are a few pics

Post by DaHolla »

“Pain or damage don’t end the world. Or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man… and give some back.” Al Swearengen-Deadwood
Donut

Post by Donut »

I need to check the blade thickness, I think you would need at least 4mm on a blade that long.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

I could not agree any more! I also picked up a collectors edition (V013) Schempp Rock from Howes knives and I am so pleased with it as well. I couldn't beat Howes prices. So, I also picked up a para 2 in s30v. I'm grinning ear to ear! :D
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I measured the blade thickness to be 3mm. Makes it light and vg-10 is tough.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]