Lum Tanto Sprint at CS!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WalzAaronFFG

Lum Tanto Sprint at CS!

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Just got a Lum Tanto from CS.. might be a few left. Give it a shot guys.

Dragonfly g-10 looks to be on the way as well. It has been an expensive week for me :o :spyder:

Good luck everyone
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

I went to pick up one at my local knife shop. I was disappointed as I took a close look cause it seems my shop got one that fell through the QC. :( the grind was was deeper on one side over the other like 40/60 , and that thick area just behind it was all rough and looked unfinished. is this the way it should be? I wanted the knife but put it back as I was perplexed by these things :( it was a good looking knife and I really wanted to ad it to the collection and rotation. Any help on what I should do? They are still holding it and the ayoob for a cpl more days. Sigh...
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Bummer.... I'll have to look at mine when it arrives. Honestly I know almost nothing about it. I saw a short window of opportunity to order one of 8 available and took it. I have no local knife shop to check out Spyderco, so I have to just cross my fingers and order online. Jeff at CS seems to keep his eyes on QC, especially if you ask in the order comments.

I'm not sure how Spyderco handles QC issues on sprint runs.... cause I've never had one before. This will be my first sprint. The way I see it: If I don't like it someone else will surely buy it on bladeforums or ebay down the road. I might even make a small profit since I got it for $169 shipped. I love tantos though, so I plan on keeping it.
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

Spyderco Navaja
Visual Articulation

I hope yours is pristine :) , I love this lum I'll probly buy it anyhow due to sprint run and all, lol and deal with it. I use all my knives at some point so if it's not something effecting the function it will probly come home in my pocket. I'm a sucker for sexy spydies.
buddy54ck

Post by buddy54ck »

HI WalzAaronFFG,
I COULDN'T FIND THE LUM TANTO SPRINT AT CS, EVEN SAYING IF IT SOLD OUT, COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK, THE EXACT LINK TO THE KNIFE ITSELF.
THANKS IN ADVANCE,
CHARLIE
jossta

Post by jossta »

I would call. Things he has are not always on the site.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

There were only 8 of them to be had. Not sure If I got the first or the last, but they took the page for the Lum Tanto down so i'm guessing the 8 are all gone now. It said that the first 8 orders will ship immediately, and the rest will be saved as a backorder. I would suggest calling Jeff and placing a backorder in case he gets another unexpected shipment of them in.

I just got lucky and saw the Lum Tanto on the "What's New" page while checking to see if my g-10 dfly was back in stock on my smartphone.

Spyderco Navaja
Slash

Post by Slash »

WHAT ELEDGED QC PROBLEMS?...never heard of that before with any knife from any company. BTW, pics or it didn't happen.
good thing I ordered 2 of them. I'll just have to sell the one with (if any) flaws. if both are not to my liking I'll just have to sell them both...like I do with all the knife purchases I'm not happy with. depending on the exact problems of course. I wouldn't pass a bad knife off for someone else to be unhappy about it.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Visual Articulation wrote:I went to pick up one at my local knife shop. I was disappointed as I took a close look cause it seems my shop got one that fell through the QC. :( the grind was was deeper on one side over the other like 40/60 , and that thick area just behind it was all rough and looked unfinished. is this the way it should be? I wanted the knife but put it back as I was perplexed by these things :( it was a good looking knife and I really wanted to ad it to the collection and rotation. Any help on what I should do? They are still holding it and the ayoob for a cpl more days. Sigh...
Why didn't you point out the flaws to the shop?
I know if I had something for sell and lost business due to sub standard quality, it would go back for replacement.
RobC2

Post by RobC2 »

All this talk of returning it or selling it if it is not perfect has me a little scared. When you return it, do you point out the flaws so that they don't just turn around and sell it to someone else? I received a Warrior of all things from a vendor that was out of stock and I swear I got someone else's return. I was upfront when I sent it back. I can deal with an imperfect knife I plan to use, but the blade was stained and if there is any knife in my collection that is just for looks, the Warrior is it. I don't think I will ever buy a "new in box" knife from a private seller ever now unless I can look at it first.
Visual Articulation

I did show the issues to the shop. they agreed it looked unlike any other spydie in it's finish in those areas. Said they probly wouldn't send it back just more likely to give a discount. I'll try to go in today and take a pic maybe then yall can better understand and inform on how it compares. It just seemed like a lil miss compared to All my other spydies in the same comparable areas.
Donut

Post by Donut »

The good thing about the Lum Sprint is that it is VG-10, which is relatively easy to reprofile. It seems like lately there have been some bad sharpening/grinding jobs that have been slipping through. That is probably like 1 in 100 or 1 in 200. I don't think you can check every one. It isn't that bad for the people who buy the knives to use, it is sort of bad for people who buy the knives to not use them, but if it's not being used who cares how sharp it is?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Slash

Post by Slash »

RobC2 wrote:All this talk of returning it or selling it if it is not perfect has me a little scared. When you return it, do you point out the flaws so that they don't just turn around and sell it to someone else? I received a Warrior of all things from a vendor that was out of stock and I swear I got someone else's return. I was upfront when I sent it back. I can deal with an imperfect knife I plan to use, but the blade was stained and if there is any knife in my collection that is just for looks, the Warrior is it. I don't think I will ever buy a "new in box" knife from a private seller ever now unless I can look at it first.
Unfortunately that's not how the real world works for most people. Not everything is peaches and cream, if you know what I mean..."Dog-Eat-Dog"

It's a good thing the item/s in question comes form a good company like Spyderco that will do their best to please an unhappy customer.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Cs has them back in stock. 5 last time I checked
Diesel55

Post by Diesel55 »

Down to two now.
Spydies owned: Sage, Sage 2, Sage 3, Sage 4, Lum CF, Lum (foliage), Para Military, Gayle Bradley, Caly 3, M390 Military, Military (orange), PM 2 (orange), Dodo (orange), Manix 2 (orange), Manix 2 (moonglow), Merlin, Matriarch SE, UKPK (maroon), Chinook 3, Khukuri, Superhawk, Street Beat, Lum Tanto sprint, Massad Ayoob sprint, PPT, Shabaria, Persian (red), JD Smith (foliage), BayouShooter Endura, and P'kal.

Waiting for: Dark green PM2.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Hmm wonder why he didn't put all of them up yesterday. Maybe he wanted to split it up to give more customers an opportunity.

Anyway, hope everyone who wanted one, got one.

Spyderco Navaja