You know you love spyderco when...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

...it is the *only* brand of pocket knife you've carried for the past 23 years.

Ted
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

unit wrote:You know you love Spyderco when you receive for your birthday a $400 wildly popular and well built folder from an esteemed competitor of Spyderco, and within a week it is pushed out of your pocket by a $50 Endura.

You know you love Spyderco when you would gladly invest 10+ hours of your time, and hundreds of dollars worth of tools (purchased exclusively for this task) ,modifying a Spyderco that cost under 80 bucks.

It is a great knife when you are willing to invest yourself in it. How much of yourself you invest is proportional to the true "value" you hold for the piece.
Nice birthday gift Ken! :D

But yeh, as well written and thoughtful a post as I have come to expect from you.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

The itch for fine, affordable and quality knives you've felt for 35+ years finally feels like it's being scratched. Only you need more scratching :D

Beautiful job on your pieces Ken. I'm in awe :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
unit

Post by unit »

Thanks guys!
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

You know you love Spyderco when.... You sleep with one.LOL
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."-George Smith Patton, Jr
JD Spydo

It can really take you over

Post by JD Spydo »

You know you love Spyderco when>>>>> you just won't even consider anything else for the job>>> When you check out the junk in your storage unit and other items to sell and try to calculate how many Spyders you can buy with the proceeds ( and not even give thought to groceries, gasoline, vehicle insurance ect :o :D

When you meet a new lady your hot on and the first thing you do is to try to convert her into being a Spyder-gal :cool:

And when you start considering the brand names of other knives outright blasphemy :eek:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

unit wrote: It is a great knife when you are willing to invest yourself in it. How much of yourself you invest is proportional to the true "value" you hold for the piece.
Nicely said Ken.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

....when ur wife says if u buy one more knife im gonna kill u so u hafta hurry home to get the credit card statement and make sure u hid ur newest purchase so she doesnt notice ur carrying a new blade...oh god i gotta delete my history now so she wont find her way here and learn my secrets
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
Spyderknife

Post by Spyderknife »

You know you love Spyderco when, besides all the :spyder: knives you also have 3 :spyder: sharpmakers :o .
Never sell my :spyder: knives.
“Whether you think you can or think you can't you're right.” Henry Ford
JD Spydo

Priorities ruled by Spydie

Post by JD Spydo »

You know you love Spyders to a disproportionate degree when you start putting your investment dollars in Spyders rather than Mutual Funds, 401K, Stocks, Bonds and Savings :eek:

You also know you love Spyders when you can't even cook up an evening meal because you can't locate your kitchen Spyders. I know because that happened to me just fairly recently. I ate cereal for supper that night instead of a real meal :o
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: You know you love spydies when you drop your knife and willingly stick your foot out to break its fall and protect the tip! I told my (then) wife, my foot will heal, the knife tip won't! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
spyderfan123

Post by spyderfan123 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:You know you love spydies when you cut yourself and the first thing you do is check for is edge damage when you dropped the knife. :D
HEY CHUCK!

that's my line! :p
MCM

Post by MCM »

You know you love spydies when you forget which one's are in the mail.
Then are exited when you open the box find out!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

spyderfan123 wrote:HEY CHUCK!

that's my line! :p
Hehehehe. I used your line because you expressed it better than I could. ;)
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

angusW wrote:You know you love Spyderco when you leave for work with everything except your knife so you risk being late because you have to go back and get it.
And then you put a spydie in each glove box of your cars, just in case you forget to bring one along :)