Tactical scissors

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
delicafreak

Tactical scissors

Post by delicafreak »

Well i searched the forum and i didn't stumble upon any threads about scissors. Scissors seem to come and go in my house and i was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about a good pair of scissors. It would be great if they could be sharpened on a lansky or a sharpmaker so i could sharpen them with ease. I also think spyderco should, (if they haven't already) look into a design for Spyderco scissors! Just a thought

:spyder: love, delicafreak
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I have a couple kitchen shears made by mercer tool corp that i would be lost without. They can be taken apart to sharpen or to be cleaned. One i use in my workshop and one pair stays in my kitchen. They cut everything from chicken to small gauge wire.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

These are the absolute best pair of Tactical Scissors I ever did see....Doc ;)
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... etails.jpg[/img][/IMG]
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
angusW

Post by angusW »

There's a hole in the end of the SharpMaker base that allows a stone to be inserted to sharpen scissors. Sal shows it off in the video. I haven't heard of any SpydieScissors but if they did make a pair I bet they would be pretty nice.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Zwilling from Solingen Germany makes some of the best scissors I've ever used. We have five or six pairs around the house, including a really nice pair of cobalt steel hair scissors that we don't use for anything else.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
JD Spydo

Survival Scissors? Who's are the best??

Post by JD Spydo »

I personally own a pair of Victorinox scissors that I use for various tasks and they are truly the best cutting scissors I've ever owned. Now whether or not you would classify them as "tactical scissors" or not I really can't say. But they will be in my survival emergency tote bag if that ever becomes necessary.

I too would like to know which companies make super high quality scissors. I can see how a great quality pair of scissors would be an important tool if we ever do get into a social/government or economic meltdown.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I would highly recommend you check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7KVt4jN ... ideo_title