One-Hundred Thousand Dollar Razor

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
VG-10

One-Hundred Thousand Dollar Razor

Post by VG-10 »

Hey, check this out. This razor is made from Iridium and the blades are made from artificially grown Sapphire. I think that Spyderco should get some of this Iridium and make a sprint run Caly 3.5 with an Iridium handle...I think i'll pass on the Sapphire blade though, since Iridium can survive being dropped into molten lava I think H1 steel should be used. We'll see how tuff H1 really is, on our next trip to a volcano. :D

Yahoo News Link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/ ... or-a-razor

Zafirro Iridium Link:

http://www.zafirro.com/products/Zafirro-Iridium.html
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Think I will have to pass on this one. At the rate I lose razors....
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I just bought the whole lot....all 99....if you want one...show me your beard :p ...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

one razor.,........... oooooorrr, as many guitars and spydies as I want :D ......That razor must weigh a bit lol, iridium ways 2x more than lead
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

razorsharp wrote:one razor.,........... oooooorrr, as many guitars and spydies as I want :D ......That razor must weigh a bit lol, iridium ways 2x more than lead
That's Ok I also hired two people to shave me daily....Professional weightlifters..... Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I saw that. I'll probably order 2 so I have one to take on trips.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Nice.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Any thoughs about Sapphire as a blade material??? Similar to Ceramic, but harder?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Pfffff, i used to buy those 6 at a time and throw'em away after one shave. I've since moved on to shaving with laser beams.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I just bought the whole lot....all 99....if you want one...show me your beard :p ...Doc :D
Ohhhh **** NO... last time I showed my beard to someone else with a razor I let them talk me into shaving me. Well they slipped me a mickey and I deeply got my throat cut... clear through to my spinal canal.

They had hunnerds o' thousans o' dollars prolly, all kinds of knives and shiny, fancy gadgets that beeped and flashed and all became quite involved for hours on end.

I mean I LOVE knives, but the mixed expensive ones with all the business of multi- level laminectomies.... foraminotomies... titanium implants...

Them hustlers fused three cervical vertebrae two years ago at the VA Hospital here.

It All Started With A DOC And A RAZOR.

-- and now you got your lot of Nine Million, Nine Hundred Thousand buck hoarded THROAT KNIVES (...umm-- razors...yeah...)

:spyder: / SB :D :D
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

LOL...
First thing I'm going do is gift one to "The Deacon" as a house warming gift.....(see escape from NY thread) I want to see that man's chin.... :p Doc :D

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:LOL...
First thing I'm going do is gift one to "The Deacon" as a house warming gift.....(see escape from NY thread) I want to see that man's chin.... :p Doc :D
That's about the size bribe it would take for you to see my chin nekkid. :p
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I had a $100,000 Frisbee. A car dealership that owed Citicorp PtP $400,000 went under and my buddy, the Treasurer at Citi PtP could only recover 4 frisbees with the car dealers name on them. Those Frisbees were on Citicorp's books for $400,000 so the one he gave me was $100,000. Unfortunately my dog ate it.

Oh well, I guess you have to be an accountant to find that amusing. . .
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Reminds me, I need to buy more double edge razor blades.

$35 for a 200 pack sounds pretty fair now that I think of it.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Okay, 100K and a ten year warranty? for 10K a year I can do a lot of things that are more satisfying than "my razor can get a table where your razor cannot".
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

Brilliant, they will sell every last one of them to dumb, billionaire CEOs and rappers. Wish I had come up with that one.

Thats 10 million dollars, minus probably 10k for materials and machining, add another 10k for sharpening and blade replacement over the next 10 years. Thats a pretty nice profit margin :p