Curious about the Pica and the Pica 2, HK Pica

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
buddy54ck

Curious about the Pica and the Pica 2, HK Pica

Post by buddy54ck »

:spyder: :spyder:
Hi All,
I was wondering about the Bench**** Pica and the Pica 2. First of all, I am not trying to start anything or anything, (SHINY FOOTPRINTS) but i am concerned as a Spyderco Loyalist about this "OBVIOUS COPY" of the Delica/Endura.
I recently recieved the HK version of the Mini Pica, or Pica 2. I have to say that I am somewhat impressed. I have seen these on Ebay going for the mid $20. range, making them super competitive with the Delia. The one that I have has 9Cr13 steel, and the edge retention is fantastic. It came supersharp out of the box, and would appear to be a great deal.
This brings Me to a solution to this problem. I figure that fire could be fought with fire, by releasing a lesser version of the Delica, called the Delica" E" for economy, with the same steel,(9Cr13), and made in China for a better price. A slightly different handle, possibly the old one with the Volcano grip that is used on the salt could be used. The liners could be eliminated further reducing cost,some people actually prefer no liners for reduced weight and this way it would not directly compete with the Delica. Maybe even change the blade shape somewhat. The same could be applied to the Endura. This could be an entry level clipit, which could entice some new buyers to Spyderco, and You all know what happens next! I know the bird line will be brought into the equasion, saying that We are competing with them, but I am saying just to make an econo Delica with the Spyderco Name.
Just a thought, Please tell Me if I am out of Line, but I really believe that this could work. As I said, I am not trying to start trouble with the competetion, but we can also compete! I firmly believe there is a market for this!
Please give Me your thoughts on this, I really believe it would work, I really have been giving this alot of thought.
Now what Do You all think?

Respectfully,
Charlie
:spyder:
rycen

Post by rycen »

Not really the place for this.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

They already have this. It's the Byrd Meadowlark.
:bug-red-white