Tusok (again) blade length

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Clinton

Tusok (again) blade length

Post by Clinton »

Bram,

Sorry I missed you at Steve Bunchanumbers' Vancouver seminar. I ended up being delayed in the bush for two days too many to be able to drive down in time. Looking forward to the summer -03 one though...

I was just trolling through the stuff on the Tusok, and noticed you mentioned the idea of an optional shorter 2" blade to fit into the same handle. I think this is a very grand idea. No idea how the production costs would be increased. It *would* be neat to have the option of swapping in a shorter blade into the handle if one was travelling to a less enlightened jurisdiction. Probably impractical since there would be implications for setting up the lock properly between blades.

What would be neat to see is a 1.98" hooked or wharncliffe blade with a really strong slipjoint and kin-op ramp for those travelling in the UK who want to get around the 2" + no lock rules. Maybe a Tusok "Pride" knife... ;-)

If we keep following this trend, we are going to have knives with 1 cm long, dull, pointless blades with no lock or spring closure allowed...

Clinton
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Clinton: sorry you didn't make it to Tiny's seminar...
It was great..
The TUSOK is a 2 3/8ths or bit smaller bladed mini Gunting Kerambit..
NO its not under 2"..its under 2.5..
2.5 so that is legal in Boston & soon NYC...
plus its a big little blade..
Reverse Curve-deep belly with a hook-full thickness tip..a Cricket tip on steroids..
Yes its got a KinOp system..

happy new year..

Bram
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

Hi Bram.

Happy New Year back! I know the Tusok is to have a 2.5-ish blade. But you did mention (and now I cannot find it again dammit!) in one of the earlier posts in the forum that you were musing about a 2" blade as an option to fit into the same handle. Perhaps it was nothing more than idle musing, but a neat idea. In any event, any of these blades brings a whole new meaning to "That's not a knife, THATS a knife..." ;-)

Will the T and its drone be put out at the same time? Just wondering whether I should wait before buying a G... though I am duelling on Ebay right now for a new Gunting drone!

Keep well

Clinton
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

I wouldn't hold my breath awaiting a TUSOK..I was told its at the lowest level of priorities...
They have other new models coming out ahead of the TUSOK...
models that are felt will outsell the TUSOK and other MBC edged tools...
You have a much better chance of a Gunting & drone ...ROFL
The TUSOK has a cuting surface of just 2 inches.. with ramp and finger choil total steel is 2.25 inches...
be safe
Bram
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

Bram:

Bad news on the wait for the Tusok. Still, I just won a pretty good Ebay nib drone so I am happy (temporarily, anyway...). I'm not sure, but if someone was wanting a Boston/NY legal blade, they could take a regular gunting and grind down the blade a bit. Or would that be sacrilege!

As soon as I can find someone to take my emerson cqc-7, I can get a gunting!

Clinton