EDC Flashlight carry

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I have a Streamlight Nano Micro LED on my key chain. Tiny, but effective. If I need something bigger, I'll find it in the house or car.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
mkd

Post by mkd »

my favorite is a zebra light single aa h51 model. i also like the fenix e21 and the fenix ld20. the zebra light has 3 ranges with 2 settings in each range that are programable.i bought it for use as a headlamp when i snowblow the driveway but also use it for hunting when i want a light for finding trail markers and setting the blind up in the dark. it comes with the head band and 2 light holders plus a pocket clip that is detachable.
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Fenix stainless LDO1.
Because it is so small that I have it allways with me.
Just like with knives, the best one is the one in your pocket when you need it.

All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I have 1 x AAA Titanium Innovations Illuminati on my Keyring that's proven to be an excellent little flashlight. For a 'real' EDC flashlight I prefer something that uses only 1 CR123 battery. Surefire has proven to be very disappointing for this flashlightgeek this year (no interesting new models in the 1 x CR123 format), so I've switched over to the excellent (so far) Nitecore Infiled.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

4sevens mini cr2 dropped in either front pocket, depending on which hand I was holding it in last.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I have two for EDC. The first is a Quark Mini 123 which I keep in my front pocket. The second is my Quark 123 tactical, which I keep in its sheath in my briefcase.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Donut

Post by Donut »

Water_Gremlin wrote:I prefer the larger more capable flashlights, my current EDC light is a 4-7's Quark CR123x2 with an 18650 body. Great light but the 18650 body fit an finish is poor which leads to a poor battery connection and a quite often a flickering light.

Before I carried a Preon 2. Great light but I wanted something brighter.
A problem that might also be causing what you are seeing is that one 18650 over the discharge of the battery will most of the time be out of regulation. To run 1x18650 you should use a single cell head and it will operate in regulation over the entire discharge.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
numb

Post by numb »

I have a Fenix E01 on my keys and usually a D10 R2 with an AW 14500 in my shirt/ jacket. The E01 is **** near unbreakable, Ive accidently run it in the washingmachine several times and dropped it from 9m height once and its still working. :D

/N
KBR

Post by KBR »

I posted earlier that I carried an Arc AAA on my keychain, but I just received this Fenix E01, as a gift from a friend, and it has since replaced the Arc on my keychain. :D :D

"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
firearmsp

Post by firearmsp »

try some fenix lights. very good for the price and very brith too. there are lot of models i"m sure you would find some for your edc.
Ko se stidi majcinjega mleka taj ce biti rdja dovijeka!

SPYDERCO:
:spyder: Police 2 G-2 SS,Endura 4 VG-10 FRN, Military CamoBlackBlade S30V, Police 3 VG-10 G-10, :spyder:
KERSHAW:
Blackout 1550
COLD STEEL:
Spartan
jossta

Post by jossta »

I used to edc a Modamag Draco on my keychain. That was pretty much the best light ever. Super tiny, rechargeable, 100 lumens and multiple modes. I just sold it to help pay for my Chinook II though b/c batteries and o-rings are a pain to order and I figured as irresponsible as I am, edcing an $150 custom light is probably not the best idea.

Anyway, pretty sure I'm going to get the Fenix LD01 or LD15 to replace it. A little bigger, but won't kill me to replace. Might also get a glo toob, but the lithium one is the same price as an ld15, so probably not.

I also have a 6px Pro that I carry in my laptop backpack or in the car.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I've tried to find an EDC keychain light for ages but nothing seems to fit what I want. Small (duh, keychain light), around 80 lumens, button switch, and around $40. So for now...I have a cheap $5 light that I usually forget to take...ha ha
On the hunt for...
STAK

Post by STAK »

:spyder: I EDC a FENIX-PD20-R5 LFP and a FENIX-LD01-R2 LFCP, also a FENIX-LD01-Q5 attached to my keychain ;) . . . . I also EDC 4SEVENS-QUARK-123^2-R5 LFP or FENIX-LD10-R4 LFP and PREON-1-R5 LFCP :) . . . . FENIX-LD20-R4 and FENIX-PD30-R4 are always attached on my backpack :) . . . . :spyder:
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I carry my Surefire E1B clipped in my LFP. Ive had the light for a few years now and its my preferred light when not at work. The dual clip is very handy, and the low setting is great for regular tasks.

At work I keep my G2L and a maglite LED in my tool bag.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

3 that get rotated... Inova x1 in O/ST rig, Inova x5 in nylon sheath, and SF 6P w/ P61 head in SF sheath... they all end up on my left hip just behind the multitool.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Samwise

Post by Samwise »

7777 Quark MiniX 123, around my neck on the OEM lanyard. I keep it under my shirt until I need to use it.
Spydie Count: :spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:

Vics: Super Tinker, Farmer
TrickyVic

Post by TrickyVic »

I carry a Preon 1 w/clicky or a Zebralight SC51 clipped to my left front pocket.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

It WAS a Surefire Aviator A2, until I won a TK15 (2 x CR123 OR 1 x 18650) in a GAW. Man, this light is awesome!

Many different settings from 'barely there' to 'turbo'. In the turbo setting this thing is like a searchlight (337 Lumens).

My backup is a 4-7's Quark Mini 123 (1 x CR123) on it's OEM lanyard.
16 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I EDC both a SureFire 6P and a Mini Maglite. Both of these flashlights are carried in custom-made leather holsters and are worn on my belt.

These holsters offer secure carry and easy access as I simply press the flashlights from their bottom ends up out of the holsters.

I'm sure there are people who see me with two flashlights hanging off my belt in leather holsters who think I'm weird or whatever... well, at least I'll be able to find my way out of the dark. :)
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I EDC either a SureFire L4 or the E2D defender, both really cool flashlights. Not sure what it is about them, but they are the Spyderco of flashlights for me :) . I also just bought one of their pens, which is awesome (heavy and thick though - which doesn't bother me).

On my helmet, I've got a Petzl MYO RXP
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder: