Spyderco Flippers?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnny Boy

Spyderco Flippers?

Post by Johnny Boy »

Are there any flippers? I haven't been able to find one that ever happenend. FTR I mean a flipper as in a leek or something not a bali.

It's just weird to me. I like spyderco stuff as a whole but, I would love a flipper. I thought maybe there is some legal issues with them and maybe there is but, I am seeing flippers at places like Wally world and they aren't exactly on the edge of the law.

It's not that I see any real advantage behind a flipper or any way to open a knife. It's just the cool factor.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

There was talk about one a while back, but Spyderco hasn't jumped on that bandwagon just yet to my knowledge. At any given time the company has dozens of projects that they are working on, so you never know.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I would love to see a flipper as well, I love my xm18 flippers and i think spyderco would benefit from making some. Although it wouldnt suprise me if they had a couple ideas in the works! :D
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

They are showing a prototype of a Brad Southard flipper.

The flipper is my second favorite deployment method, the Spyderhole being number one.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897