Spyderco Lanyard Beads

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mwalle6

Spyderco Lanyard Beads

Post by Mwalle6 »

Does anybody know if there is such a thing? I think it would be cool to have some!
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
Pro-V

Post by Pro-V »

I don't think they're Spyderco, but the ones in this pic are pretty cool! Wish I knew where to get them. . .

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=198
bada61265

Post by bada61265 »

they do look cool, like to know the source, even though there not spiders they look close enough
my knives:
kershaw Leek Buck 119 Cold Steel Recon tanto
Cold Steel Ti Lite VI ,
Spyderco: Tenacious ,Persistence, Endura 4 blue Stretch zdp blue, Manix 2 ,Native s30v . Sage2 titanium, Gayle Bradly cpm m4, Muleteam mt 10, woodcraft mule s30v. Orange Delica 4
Bark River PSK 154cm, Gunny, Bravo 2, Canadian Special
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

As cool as it would be to have the logo on beads, i bet they would all eventually end up on counterfeit knives and would probably just make them look more legit.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I find fobs to be really annoying things. I will only tolerate them on my knives if they have deep carry clips and the fobs will help me take them out. Lanyards are another matter, I will use them so I won't lose my knives in deep brush, on sand, or over water.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

My wife is an glas-artist and makes glas-beads. The one the Bradley is silverglass encased in boro-silicate glass. It is the glass you use in the kitchen in you oven.
To be honest I am also not very fond of 'things' hanging on my knife, except when it's up to safety on a large FB.
The beads are a little more friendly than the skulls and made by my very own wife ;)

T.
Attachments
militaries 087.jpg
militaries 087.jpg (82.84 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
Tom
sal

Post by sal »

Mwalle6 wrote:Does anybody know if there is such a thing? I think it would be cool to have some!
Hi Mwalle6,

Interestinbg timing for your subject. We have recently been discussing producing a lanyard bead. We drew up a bead that hand a bug logo slightly raised on four sides of the "rounded" bead.

We didn't knwo if there would be enough interest to produce such an accessory? We had thought to make them out of pewter or tool up and make one out of FRN (lighter and color options).

Thoughts?

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think it would be a cool idea...if the price is right, maybe even sell a whole lanyard kit with some paracord and everything included.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Pro-V

Post by Pro-V »

I would definitely pick up several, and my preference would be the pewter over FRN. And while you're at it, I wouldn't mind a nice, quality :spyder: logo keychain in stainless ( maybe a good use for all those Spyderholes)!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I'm not big on lanyards, but would grab a few beads...that keychain idea is a great one, maybe a 50 cent piece of the spyder...be cool.
On the hunt for...
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I normally just go with a simple knot on a loop of paracord but i would use a Spyderco bead on all my knifes.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

I'd be down for some beads, don't care what material really. :D
STAK

Post by STAK »

:spyder: FRN would be nice :D . . . . I do not like to hurt any of my SPIDIES with a "harder" bead material :eek: . . . . I like colours also, so my vote goes to FRN :) . . . . :spyder:
gijoe945

Post by gijoe945 »

My vote would go to FRN because there are a lot of pewter ones on the market. I use a small zipper type attachment on my Ladybug salt hawkbill that I keep in my watch pocket of my jeans. It is two pieces where the cord goes on one piece along the sides and th second piece slips over and covers and pushes the sides into a crevice tightly so it doesn`t pull apart.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I'd be in for some beads, regardless of material. Pewter is a more expensive material, but the FRN would require a mold, which seem to be very expensive (at least they are for handles) and may more than offset the costs of the cheaper material. Too bad it's so expensive to machine things, because I'd love to have a few in Ti, as I could anodize them all sorts of colors.

Whichever you end up going with Sal, I'll buy at least one!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
eloreno

Post by eloreno »

I like the spyderbead idea. I would prefer FRN because of the color options.
Armalite Native

Post by Armalite Native »

I would be interested in Spydiebeads but I would prefer pewter over FRN. I can barely stand FRN as a knife handle material without adding more FRN to a knife.

If you produced both...I bet that the pewter beads would sell a bunch more with the higher end collectors.

Regardless of what Spyderco produces its going to get knocked off...its up to us as loyal customers to go for the real product and not some knockoff.

I will be interested to see where this goes. Those beads in an earlier post which were actually a spider would be snapped up. The good thing is several different bead models could be released with different varients of spider right down to the "Money Spyder" right up to a larger spyder type for the bigger knives. Something like a FunnelSpyder for say the Mule sized fixed blades ect.

**** for the highest end safe queens you could have glass blown beads. They would be a bit more fragile but for display purposes they would rock. Especially if they were in black glass!

Lanyard beads only damage a knife if woven into a lanyard at an incorrect length or if you put a bead at the very end of a long lanyard. Those who don't like lanyards really don't need to worry about this thread as the discussion does not affect them anyways :) .
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Pro-V wrote:I don't think they're Spyderco, but the ones in this pic are pretty cool! Wish I knew where to get them. . .

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=198
when i first saw those pics i emailed the OP and he showed me where to get them on ebay. unfortunately i forgot the seller and when you type in spider bead there are several hunderd results :o
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I am a big fan of fobs, as some of you may know. Sal, I'd love to get some official Spydie beads - titanium would be my preference, but pewter would be great too.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

Yes -- I'd buy some beads for sure -- I do like the color idea as well as them being less likely to muck up a knife's scales.