Spyderco Titanium Fluted Military Mini-Review

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

rororo64 wrote:That's one awesome looking knife. Any chance we will see a video of it sometime in the near future?
That is not a bad idea. I'm inbetween two houses right now, getting ready to move from my old house into a new house. I found I have precious little time for making a video; pics & text are much quicker for me. I'll see what I can do.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

^^ Sweet, looking forward to it.
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

That's a great looking Millie there Mr Blonde....CONGRATS!! Sal and crew are definitely awesome people. I'm definitely going to pick on up as soon as I save enough money....time are kinda tight right now.

Take care,
-Michael
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
jephreester

Post by jephreester »

Greetings from a newb to both knives and this forum. First post. :spyder:

Anyway thanks for the pics and review Mr. Blonde. I have pre-ordered one.

As a newbie I'll risk the stupid question: Anyway to know when these knives will actually ship?

Does Spyderco have a history on similar pre-ordered status items? Anything to go on?

Is 50 units a month a known fact? Is a year wait a real possibility?

Meanwhile thanks again Mr. Blonde for the images to dream on.

------
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Pre-ordered: Military Model Fluted Titanium C36TIFP - Plain Edge

Current knives:

Pacific Salt Black Blade C91PBBK - H-1 Plain Edge

Manix 2 C101GPBBK2 - 154CM BLACK BLADE
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Great review Wouter, thank you for taking the time and congrats to you on such an awesome piece :D

You definitely deserve it my friend :)
Vic
marlinspike

Post by marlinspike »

Has anybody gotten any final word on the situation with the steel insert on the lock?
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

marlinspike wrote:Has anybody gotten any final word on the situation with the steel insert on the lock?
I read somewhere that the first hundred or so will not have it, that the idea came to them during the first batch, so any produced after that will have the insert.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
marlinspike

Post by marlinspike »

Cheddarnut wrote:I read somewhere that the first hundred or so will not have it, that the idea came to them during the first batch, so any produced after that will have the insert.
Yeah, I saw later in another thread that the first 200 don't have it.
Don Ellis

Post by Don Ellis »

Nine months later and I'm just finding this thread -- from a Google search, as it happens -- but it's worth popping it back to the top of the forum just to say that this is a great review and absolutely beautiful photos -- just perfect.

Thanks, as always.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

That's a great way to do a review or a mini-review. Rather than dumping all the text at once and the photos after on a thread (which I do normally with any post).

Seems like an excellent knife. I am still on the fence though. After I get the Manix2 XL, the PPT and the Yo2, I will be in a better position to understand what designed knives my hands crave. Currently, the Para2 and the Military hold the top places for most suitable so the Ti Fluted is still ahead. If only my boss will give me a raise.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Great review, your photos truly are the silent salesman for Spyderco. The images always capture the features or subtleties of the knives that I am wondering about. I always look at them before I buy and they usually help me make up my mind for/or against very quickly. Thanks much.
Now onto the military, its a big knive and I have kind of tried to stick to around 8.5" as my Maximium length, do you think the Titanium scales make the knife look any less ... big?
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Beautiful knife and very well deserved Wouter :cool: