Spyderco Machete

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

One thing to remember. Machetes, parangs, goloks, etc., at least when I use them, often whack into knots in wood or hit the ground with stones, rocks and other objects that put chips in blades and roll edges. So I like carbon steel that sharpens easily in the field with a file. Nothing fancy is needed. Now, if you start talking Tomahawk...then you might get my interest aroused.
Rob62

Post by Rob62 »

I'll agree with the idea that the market is saturated with Machete's already. I really doubt that a Spyderco Machete would sell in enough quantities to make it worth the production costs.

I love my Cold Steel Machete's. You can find them on closeout sale for as little as $10 and that includes a cheap belt sheath. There's no doubt in my mind that these machete's are a best buy in their class. On a side note the Randall Adventure/ESSEE/Ontario RTAK is an excellent big bladed knife that can be used as a machete.

Don't get me wrong here. I love Spyderco products and I'd LOVE to see a Spyderco Machete (Latin or Golock style) but I don't think they could produce anything as inexpensive and quality as the Cold Steel products. If they *could* I'm in for several.

Regards,
Rob
-------------
Maker of Custom Kydex Knife Sheaths
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

regarding the WWII case pilot's knife... see here... http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showt ... tid/94078/
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
grumpyphil

Post by grumpyphil »

clovisc wrote:regarding the WWII case pilot's knife... see here... http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showt ... tid/94078/
Thanks! Nice to know more about it.
JD Spydo

Spyderco machete>> you bet

Post by JD Spydo »

Sure put me down for one :cool: I have a Cold Steel, Carbon V, Gurkha Kukri that truly saved my life about a year ago :eek: I even did a thread about it a few months back.

I use it like a machete and love it dearly.

I never got to use one of the Hossums unfortunately but I've always thought that Spyderco could come up with a machete much better than one of those anyway.

I like any blade with a practical use. I also wish Spyderco would come out with a bowie similar to Cold Steel's older Trailmaster series.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
cr123

+1 Spydie Machete

Post by cr123 »

I'd buy two Spydie machetes if they were made, one to use and the other to look at and hold with cotton gloves.

Be super sweet if they based it on the Rock Salt but supersized it. :D
gb12549

Post by gb12549 »

The wood (trees, brush, fire wood) processing tasks I've done on my land with a CS Kukri machete have so impressed me, I haven't touched an axe in some time. The abuse this thing can take & never fail to perform is off the charts.