ParaMilitary2 Gray CTS-20CP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
smikesmith3

ParaMilitary2 Gray CTS-20CP

Post by smikesmith3 »

Looks like it will be out in May.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

WooHoo!

Excellent news!

My first PM2! Really looking forward to this one.

Ken
玉鋼
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

This should be a really good one. But, I'm really ticked off at myself. I was traveling on business late last year when it went on pre-sale - and I told myself that I'd order one when I got back into town. The preorders filled up pretty quickly and I'm mad at myself for not jumping on the bandwagon.

Anyway, if anyone ordered an extra that they wouldn't mind selling to a long-term Spydie fanatic, let me know! (sorry...this borders on a "sales" rule violoation, I know...)

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

good news
In omnia paratus
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Nice. Thank you for a good news
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

I was really late to the party on this one also. Got on a few lists but I was so late I doubt there will be enough of these made to fill my order for one. If anyone is listening at Spyderco, how about making a double or triple run of these? I'm sure they would all get snapped up pretty quickly. I know I'd be good for two if they were available.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
Jonj480

Post by Jonj480 »

Me too, I think I am in the same boat on this one. Looks like it will be expensive on the secondary market.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

mongatu wrote:I was really late to the party on this one also. Got on a few lists but I was so late I doubt there will be enough of these made to fill my order for one. If anyone is listening at Spyderco, how about making a double or triple run of these? I'm sure they would all get snapped up pretty quickly. I know I'd be good for two if they were available.
I'd really like to see two batches of the CTS 20CP sprint run, too.

I was a little late for pre-orders but I hope that I can snag one. I don't know how limited CTS 20CP is compared to CTS-XHP but Spyderco was able to pump out more of the latter so I hope they can do the same with the Para sprint.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Nice! Time to find $130 to put aside...

Any news on the Military XHP sprint?
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

How and where can I jump on the bandwagon?
Tom
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Not at all; all preorder slots are filled. You will have to wait for the secondary market, and given the popularity of the knife (which is even higher just BECAUSE it is sold out before the release), it will fetch premium prices (I'm afraid $170-$220) which I don't think are "worth" it.
After all, black is a nice "color" too, and S30V isn't a bad steel at all.
I wanted that model to be my first Para2, but when I realized they all were already spoken for in the preorder stage, I went ahead and ordered a regular one. The new batches already feature all the latest improvements too, I guess. Well, maybe a grey one will come my way some time, but it will be AFTER the hype following its release is history.

Dennis
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Pre-orders get cancelled...unexpected inventory shows up...there will be "street price" (discount) retail opportunities to buy this knife, but agility will be needed.
Murdoc wrote:Not at all; all preorder slots are filled. You will have to wait for the secondary market, and given the popularity of the knife (which is even higher just BECAUSE it is sold out before the release), it will fetch premium prices (I'm afraid $170-$220) which I don't think are "worth" it.
After all, black is a nice "color" too, and S30V isn't a bad steel at all.
I wanted that model to be my first Para2, but when I realized they all were already spoken for in the preorder stage, I went ahead and ordered a regular one. The new batches already feature all the latest improvements too, I guess. Well, maybe a grey one will come my way some time, but it will be AFTER the hype following its release is history.

Dennis
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Of course, you can be lucky if you are fast and alert... :) what I wanted to emphasize was that the "bandwagon" is already gone and occupied ;)

I would be happy to luck out and get one of these "unexpected inventory" items for sure! For the cancelled pre-ordered knives though, there will be a lot of people on a waiting list, isn't it...?
Well, bottom line is if you REALLY want one, you will be able to get one, but if it isn't from one of our preferred dealers, you should be ready to pay through the nose for it :D :D

Dennis
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

murdoc wrote: i wanted that model to be my first para2
+1
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

If you say so. :( Pre-orders don't represent the entire production run of any knife, including this one. The only opportunity that's probably gone by on this knife is the pre-order opportunity. I would expect that any retail stock will disappear almost overnight, though.
Murdoc wrote:Of course, you can be lucky if you are fast and alert... :) what I wanted to emphasize was that the "bandwagon" is already gone and occupied ;)

I would be happy to luck out and get one of these "unexpected inventory" items for sure! For the cancelled pre-ordered knives though, there will be a lot of people on a waiting list, isn't it...?
Well, bottom line is if you REALLY want one, you will be able to get one, but if it isn't from one of our preferred dealers, you should be ready to pay through the nose for it :D :D

Dennis
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

JNewell wrote:If you say so. :( Pre-orders don't represent the entire production run of any knife, including this one. The only opportunity that's probably gone by on this knife is the pre-order opportunity. I would expect that any retail stock will disappear almost overnight, though.
exactley why i check the forums and keep in contact with my online store of choice regularly. when opportunities like this come around and i feel i want to have a chance at it, atleast it will be there. i passed on this one though.
phaust

Post by phaust »

I signed up for the CF/S90V PM2 after the first part of the run was sent out yet got offered one.

I think the CF/S90V will be shown to be a bit more popular than the 20CP sprint, if only because the regular PM2 hadn't been available for six months when it was released, and now there are plenty of regular PM2s to be had. So, just get ready to contact stores when the 20CPs start to be released.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jwrickma24 wrote:exactley why i check the forums and keep in contact with my online store of choice regularly. when opportunities like this come around and i feel i want to have a chance at it, atleast it will be there. i passed on this one though.
Yes...some dealers who offer pre-orders don't keep track, or don't know how many they'll receive, and can't fill all their pre-orders...other dealers who will get the knife don't take pre-orders...so there are happy surprises and unhappy disappointments in the process. It could be worse, we could be talking about the availability of organ transplants (which IS worse)...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Think you're right about that, too. S90V has a proven track record that translates to market demand. 20CP is going to be something of an experiement. As an additional factor, the carbon fiber may have made the S90V sprint more attractive than gray G10? Dunno, marketing is not my field... ;)
phaust wrote:I signed up for the CF/S90V PM2 after the first part of the run was sent out yet got offered one.

I think the CF/S90V will be shown to be a bit more popular than the 20CP sprint, if only because the regular PM2 hadn't been available for six months when it was released, and now there are plenty of regular PM2s to be had. So, just get ready to contact stores when the 20CPs start to be released.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

g10 is obviously great, but i do believe that the carbon fiber material coupled with s90v was what made it. carbon fiber is awesome.... we need more of it lol. I will almost certainly jump on any oppurtunity to get a sprint with the peel ply carbon fiber, its just awesome to me. carbon fiber not only looks amazing, it is SUPER strong as well

JNewell wrote:Think you're right about that, too. S90V has a proven track record that translates to market demand. 20CP is going to be something of an experiement. As an additional factor, the carbon fiber may have made the S90V sprint more attractive than gray G10? Dunno, marketing is not my field... ;)