Woodcraft Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
2cha

Woodcraft Mule

Post by 2cha »

Down to $60 online from Woodcraft.
IMO, that is a heck of a deal for an S30V blade.

As a reminder, here's what one looks like finished.
[ATTACH]16573[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2mules.jpg
2mules.jpg (68.29 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
Cnolan76

Post by Cnolan76 »

I want one bad, but I'm not good enough to make the handle's. Where did you get yours?
My small but growing Spidey Collection

Bird Cara Cara , Centofante 3, Delica 4 FRN, Sage 1

Chris Nolan
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Cnolan76 wrote:I want one bad, but I'm not good enough to make the handle's. Where did you get yours?
Made it. There are a couple folks around that can do it. Just use the search function. I just bought a belt grinder, so I'll be doing it someday (this is not a solicitation!! :) )
marcdurant

Post by marcdurant »

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I've been on the fence about getting one of these, but the extra $ off made up my mind.
marcdurant

Post by marcdurant »

Just got mine. Looks great. Packaged differently than the standard Spyderco boxes - it's on a card. For shipping, Woodcraft folded the card in half! It's a good thing I was planning on using it, but if you're a collector, make sure you tell them to package it in an appropriately large box!
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Thanks a lot, Chad. I was not in the market for another FB, but I noticed in your pic that I like the choil and think that (ok, no one throw anything) it looks better than the Mule :eek: . So, I have one route! Now for scales and a sheath, but I got time for that.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
bc

Post by bc »

I almost like this mule better than the "real" one. Don't worry about scales...anyone can do it. I started with a dremel and sanding discs with great success.

Leather work is straight forward too. Just get a piece (I got mine from Tandy) of leather, get it wet and you'd be amazed at how well it holds a "custom" form.

Be careful...this is addictive work. I just bought my fifth Woodcraft Mule!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

i want a mule just for the sake of making it look stunning with wooden handles lol
bada61265

Post by bada61265 »

well i like mine too, though wasnt as happy with the material of choice as i probubly would of been choosing a nice wood. shure like the polished out blade look, i thought about that but was worried id polish out the spyder logo.

and with my home brew sheaths.

my knives:
kershaw Leek Buck 119 Cold Steel Recon tanto
Cold Steel Ti Lite VI ,
Spyderco: Tenacious ,Persistence, Endura 4 blue Stretch zdp blue, Manix 2 ,Native s30v . Sage2 titanium, Gayle Bradly cpm m4, Muleteam mt 10, woodcraft mule s30v. Orange Delica 4
Bark River PSK 154cm, Gunny, Bravo 2, Canadian Special