Thank you Spyderco!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
crabhab

Thank you Spyderco!

Post by crabhab »

I finally pulled the trigger on the sharpmaker. I ordered a sharpmaker and a set of ultra fine rods...OMG.

The Ultra Fine rods are like a new set of glasses everything is so sharp!

Thank you.

crabhab
EDCTAC

Post by EDCTAC »

I know, I just took a bunch of mine to my buddies house(he has the extra fine), there is no paper left in tact!
:spyder:My mind is the sharpest weapon I have, my spyderco is the second!;)
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Welcome to the UF-club (LOL)

:D
Tom
Menace

Post by Menace »

I got my sharpmaker on Monday and since then I've lost all the hair on my arms and my wife is getting pissed because every piece of scrap paper in our house has fringed edges now
Cnolan76

Post by Cnolan76 »

Haha, My wife stays on my case about the fringed paper.
unit

Post by unit »

crabhab wrote: The Ultra Fine rods are like a new set of glasses everything is so sharp!
You should make that your sig line...that is a good one!
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
Handwrecker

Post by Handwrecker »

Congrats on the Sharpmaker, it's hard to keep yourself from looking for things to sharpen around the house. Glad to hear I'm not the only one always picking up scraps of paper after testing my edges.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

haha, i filled up the fireplace with cut up paper, its so fun just getting it to insane sharpness levels ans slicing paper
STAK

Post by STAK »

:spyder: Thanks God we have paper to cut :confused: . . . . In a few years the only thing that we will have for writing (and cutting :eek :) will be "LAPTOP" and "PC" :D . . . . So people, start saving some P A P E R , just for future "edge testing" . . . . :D :D :spyder:
gfg

Post by gfg »

I'm gonna have to get some now.
ccf

Post by ccf »

I was thinking of getting a Sharpmaker. Does it not come with the UF rods? If not, why?

Just curious if they're a specialty item or something.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

ccf wrote:I was thinking of getting a Sharpmaker. Does it not come with the UF rods? If not, why?

Just curious if they're a specialty item or something.
:spyder: Seperate item, they'll get an extra polish to the edge Doesn't come standard because they're not needed at all for amazing results. I stopped using mine because the standerd white rods can easily get my knives scary sharp sharper than factory and I just don't need them that razor polish. I like the bite of sharpness from the white rods. I also don't like it that uber polished edges dont cut tomatoes well, just slide on the skin. Hair whittlin' though those uf rods. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
crabhab

Post by crabhab »

I can get great edges with the standard fine rods but, the UF rods are so fun to play with. I have sharpened lots of my S30V blades (lots of BM and my Sage 1 and Native) to an incredible edge with the UF rods that I was not able to do with my regular fine rods or my Lansky Croc stick set.