JSB Out of Stock = GITD

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SmoothOne25

JSB Out of Stock = GITD

Post by SmoothOne25 »

[quote]**** i will buy one more right now.[quote]Originally Posted by smoothone25

^me talking at edcf last evening that i want another^

i been trying....
i had probs getting on jsb all night. so i searched manix while "not" logged in and it finally came up and it said they are sold out! that sucks, for me. it was in stock 45 mins ago jon. you just updated it...cause i went and ate a sandwhich and came back and signed back in and went to my jsb account, successfully i might add, and they are gone now!

i feel cheated. i want a free one now and so help you god if the box has a bend in it jon!

but they just sold out an hour ago. i restarted my laptop (still in stock), went and ate something, came back to a working computer. signed into my account at jsb and was told i couldnt' buy one since they are sold out now! is he holding more maybe, i don't know but the $140 gitd manix aftermarket just change a bit :rolleyes:
who's the first to raise the price instead of lowering it like we all did in the last 2 weeks.
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Wow, I feel so lucky, I bought my first one on Monday. It must have been one of the last 2 or 3.
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

--an eye for an eye--

SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

JonSidneyB wrote:They are not actually out yet. Each day about 20% of the messages that are sent to me each day I have not been able to read. I have to find away to get to all these messages and make sure I have not missed anything about the Manix's.

maybe more if people back out or no more manix demand. maybe? we'll see...

me pressing him more about the numbers:
JonSidneyB wrote:I have several in transit to their new homes right now. Since these are not an item I can reorder like most items I need to make sure what is in route arrive to their destinations ok. Also there could be some problems out there that people have communicated to me that I have missed. When I see what is in transit has arrived safetly and can comb through the messages I will make the remainder available. I will first make all the ones available in undamaged boxes. There are seven with damaged boxes. I will reword the information on the store and release the damaged boxed ones.

The Manix's them selves did not create the time crunch, it existed before before the Manix run, the Manix's kind of pushed it over the top to where I could not get things done each day. After the Manix run is over I have to start taking measures to reduce how much time the forum takes.
--an eye for an eye--

Simsmac

Post by Simsmac »

My prediction: the second run later this year is going to sell out very fast. :)
My EDC: Spyderco Manix 2 MoonGlow
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Too bad, it sounds like people raving at him about this knife is robbing him of the enjoyment of running the forum. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Donut

Post by Donut »

From being on the moderator side of a forum, I believe there is no fun involved at all with running a forum.

I think if you keep an eye out on the forum and store, you should easily be able to get another.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

You could always pay 3 or 4 hundred dollars on ebay for one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

I am pretty happy that I just got mine in the mail yesterday. It was tightened up real good (I would assume to avoid hassles crossing the boarder) and in perfect condition.

Too bad it seems like this has become a thankless job for him. I for one appreciate it immensly.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: Too bad, it sounds like people raving at him about this knife is robbing him of the enjoyment of running the forum. :spyder:
Agreed. I had a long conversation on the phone with Jon when I was ordering mine. Poor guy was working his *** off and tired as heck from getting slammed with stuff about this knife.

I think he has done an exceptional job on handling the whole situation. I'm sure in the future he will have night sweats every time he hears the word Spyderco.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
b-elliott

Post by b-elliott »

I agree totally, THANKS A TON JON! Very nice knife. It was packaged up really tight (I assume because some of the boxes were bent etc...). Without my other Spydies I would have had a hard time opening the packaging! Again, I really enjoy this one.

I hope Jon takes a little break for himself.
-------------------------------------------------------

Brent Elliott :spyder:
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Simsmac wrote:My prediction: the second run later this year is going to sell out very fast. :)
please correct me if im wrong but i was told a POSSIBLE run depending on demand for the knife....not a definite run.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

demand?
didn't ALL but 35 sell out with this current run? i'd say demand is HIGH! and give a few months over the summer, without access to the good $140 price tag, and people will be dying for them at the end of the year....so i say it will happen!

just my .02 though.
--an eye for an eye--

Simsmac

Post by Simsmac »

jwrickma24 wrote:please correct me if im wrong but i was told a POSSIBLE run depending on demand for the knife....not a definite run.
I don't think it's been officially confirmed, but Jon has referenced the second run several times, so I think it's almost certain there will be a second run.
My EDC: Spyderco Manix 2 MoonGlow
Water_Gremlin

Post by Water_Gremlin »

I'm glad I got mine when I did. My rule of thumb is, if it's in stock and I like it I place an order for it. It's a good thing for me I'm left handed and only buy knives that (1) I gotta have and (2) are lefty friendly. That keeps money in the wallet.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

you can order them again. take a look! jsb.com $140
i been busy!

http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=e ... edcfmanix2
--an eye for an eye--