Sage 2 added to my nest of spyders

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bada61265

Sage 2 added to my nest of spyders

Post by bada61265 »

got it today, sweet knife. added to a growing collection. my first Titanium frame lock. first impressions are that its super tight lockup no side play no front to back play. love the clip, rides a little lower than my other spyders with the more usual flat metal, this has a wire clip thats deceptively strong but seems to clip in the pocket well. the titanium is finished with a bead blast or something similar. its not as grippy as g10, but its got some grip and the shape of the handle is egonomic. as you can expect the blade is as sharp as they come. the frame is held together by large hour glass shaped pillars and its all torx screwed together. the blade is perfectly centered when folded. i may edc this at some point but it wont see any time in my pocket at work. this will more than likely be a collector not a user for me. id put in some closeups at different angles but theres already a slew of them and vids out there. think my reactions to this are best stated in one word. SAAAWEEEETT. lol :D
id like to add that 2 weeks ago i started edc`n a Native in S30V. i have been using it at every conceivable opertunity,, even been doing some light whittling on pretty much a daily basis. cutting zip ties. opening packaging, slicing cardboard, removed a splinter. It was shaving sharp when i started and still is. stropped it a couple times, have yet to sharpen it, still wearing the factory edge. absolutly awsome Sypderco!!
anyway, heres my current spyders. next month, Orange manix II cant wait!

my knives:
kershaw Leek Buck 119 Cold Steel Recon tanto
Cold Steel Ti Lite VI ,
Spyderco: Tenacious ,Persistence, Endura 4 blue Stretch zdp blue, Manix 2 ,Native s30v . Sage2 titanium, Gayle Bradly cpm m4, Muleteam mt 10, woodcraft mule s30v. Orange Delica 4
Bark River PSK 154cm, Gunny, Bravo 2, Canadian Special
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Glad to hear you like it. I hoping to get one soon.
bada61265

Post by bada61265 »

yea its a beauty. im considering branching into titanuim reeve style folders. the military in ti is a bit much at the moment but might be something id do after the holidays.
my knives:
kershaw Leek Buck 119 Cold Steel Recon tanto
Cold Steel Ti Lite VI ,
Spyderco: Tenacious ,Persistence, Endura 4 blue Stretch zdp blue, Manix 2 ,Native s30v . Sage2 titanium, Gayle Bradly cpm m4, Muleteam mt 10, woodcraft mule s30v. Orange Delica 4
Bark River PSK 154cm, Gunny, Bravo 2, Canadian Special
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Back slap for the sage II. Congratulations.
You have made a wise choice, it could be the best knife Spyderco has ever made.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
gfg

Post by gfg »

I really am happy with my Sage 2 its with me everyday, awesome knife!! Congrats!!!