Jonesing for the Techno

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gdwtvb

Jonesing for the Techno

Post by gdwtvb »

I don't know why but I haven't been this excited about an upcoming knife ever. I can't wait for the upcoming techno that was shown at the Amsterdam meet. I am thinking of trying to go to the blade show in Atlanta mainly just to see this knife in person. Maybe it's because I am Polish descent and this is a collaboration with a Polish maker. I don't know why but this knife just speaks to me. Have there been any final decisions on the blade steel? I hope that Spyderco keeps the flat grind. I'd love any and all info available. I've never preordered a knife before, this one will probably be my first.

I have been slowly migrating to smaller knives with thinner blades lately, but I love the look of that thick stubby blade. Ti scales with a frame lock. It doesn't get better than that.

Between the upcoming Techno, ZDP ladybug, Manbug, Chaparral, and ti native five, I will spend more on knives than I have in years. Spyderco keep up the great work! I can always get a second job.

Grizz
Perry

Post by Perry »

I have to agree with grizz; the Techno looks like a real winner. I hope the design and surfaces remain true to the prototype, some really nice details in this knife.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

i agree. The prototype looked perfect...and I like that it was a different look for a Spydie too.
On the hunt for...
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

I am also really excited about the techno. I really like the rough/industrial look of the knife. It will be nice to see more frame locks come from spyderco too. I really enjoy my sage II and this seems like a nice smaller, more utilitarian knife.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Agreed! Techno is my #1 Gotta Get this year. Also want, others, but this just HIT me when I saw it. Hope it comes out soon, but looked like an early prototype...
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
jaggedwebs

Post by jaggedwebs »

Yes! On everything stated thus far. I must have one.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

It is definitely a looker.
PaulVB

Post by PaulVB »

I plan on buying one. It would be my first frame lock (RIL).
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I will get one for sure...but I do wish that it would come in a lefty!!
On the hunt for...
angusW

Post by angusW »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I will get one for sure...but I do wish that it would come in a lefty!!
Agreed. Like the look of it a lot but some left action please.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
MCM

Post by MCM »

"I am thinking of trying to go to the blade show in Atlanta"
Flight and Hotel booked. See you there!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I didn't see it until this thread. It looks great!
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

I'll be looking for the Techno when it is released too. It was a really nice knife to handle at the Amsterdam Meet 2011.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Seanski

Post by Seanski »

Yeah it's a beaut! I will buy one if they come out. Keep that nice rustic look about
it, and leave that blade bead blasted or whatever it is that it's called, don't polish it. :)
Use your blades in the kitchen, it's great bonding time!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Agreed about the look. It's the perfect small blade with industrial-type style. I will likely carry one, at work at least.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
olorin15

Post by olorin15 »

+1! It IS perfect as is, don't change anything — just get it into production ASAP! :D
Dopeler effect - the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter, when they come at you rapidly.
Menace

Post by Menace »

I'm really excited about the Chaparral
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Looks great, especially the finish of the prototype, except bead blasted blades usually don't have sharp enough thumb holes - they get too smoothed out. I'm pretty sure I'll get one if it looks like the proto, though. :cool:

- best wishes, Jazz.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm very interested as well - and I love the bead-blasted finish as well. Does anyone have a relative price point for this one? I assume it isn't going to be $300+ like the LionSpy. Will it be more in the $100-$150 range?

TedP
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

yep, love at first sight; the looks, the appeal and the feel of the knife. Bring it on, I hope it comes at reasonable price...
Tom