Got my Manix today! I love it!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
crispeto

Got my Manix today! I love it!

Post by crispeto »

I love it more than I even thought I would. It's built like a semi and the blade came super super sharp. My sharpest blade. The ball bearing lock seems perfect and I think it's the highest quality knife I currently have. It even seems more solid than my Sage. I wasn't sure I'd like the weight but I do. It's heavy but in a good way. The weight seems to add to the quality somehow. My sage will probably still be my edc because of the size but for heavy duty stuff, I'll be grabbing the manix. Anyway, just thought I'd share. I love this thing! Soooo glad I got the manix over the Kershaw blur. Thanks for all your advice earlier.
insaneinmate

Post by insaneinmate »

Which model, or version did you get?
:spyder: Spydies: Orange Manix 2, Digicam Para 2, Foliage Green FRN Delica 4

:spyder: Want List: Starmate!
crispeto

Post by crispeto »

Oops sorry, the Manix 2 G-10 plain edge
Simsmac

Post by Simsmac »

I take it you mean the 154CM version. I love mine too. The heft of the full liners really complement the hollow grind. It's such a tough knife. :)
My EDC: Spyderco Manix 2 MoonGlow
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Kudos bud! My bro and I have given a couple as gifts. The response is always epic. Like turning the owner into Conan ;) .
crispeto

Post by crispeto »

I know what you mean! I'm not necessarily a big strong guy but I have to admit, when holding my manix, I kinda feel like Popeye after just eating spinach :)
docwatson

Post by docwatson »

best knife in their line, imho
Arillon

Post by Arillon »

It's very hard to find ANYTHING wrong with the Manix. The only thing I have heard people complain about is the front choil (Which I actually like.). Glad to hear we have another Manix fan on this forum. :)
12/25/2010 - :spyder: Manix 2 Orange Sprint run.
1/31/2011 - :spyder: Endura 4 Blue.
3/26/2011 - :spyder: Military Black Blade Digi Camo.
7/13/2011 - :spyder: Paramilitary CTS-20cp Sprint run.
9/6/2011 - :spyder: USN Toxic Green Catcherman Sprint.
12/25/2011 - :spyder: Moonglow Manix.
1/5/2012 - :spyder: Navaja.
2/25/2012 - :spyder: M390 CF Military Sprint run.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I have a Manix on order and the good things said here is one of the reasons I ordered it. I did hold a Manix 2 (154CM) a few days ago for the first time. I had read that you should use your thumb and index finger both to release the lock. I did this, the blade swung closed and chopped off two of my fingers. :eek: Just kidding but I can see that if you were holding the knife at the right angle and were gripping the handle the blade could cut your fingers a little. I figured out how to close it safely and am looking forward to getting mine but it may be a couple of weeks though. I can see where it would become my favorite but then of the few Spyderco's I have my favorite seems to be whatever is in my pocket or hand. They make an outstanding selection of knives.

Jack
mrsonofagun45

Post by mrsonofagun45 »

I held one yesterday and was blown away.I love the weight.Its not meant to be carried and forgotten,its meant to be carried as if you own a badass freakin knife.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I just got mine - PE 154 CM - and it's awesome. I don't want to be negative, but I wish the hole was sharper. I guess that's a tradeoff for the beautiful stonewashed finish (or beadblasted or whatever). Since it opens so smoothly, it's not really an issue - just my preference. I can't wait to take it to the woods for some whittling and pictures (if we ever get some nice weather here this year). Anyway, I took a long while to order one and I'm right glad I finally did, so I share your exitement. :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
spydietingle

Post by spydietingle »

Yessir, one fine knife. I own a black 154 CM and love the it.
James

She says: What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.
I say: That's fine, except one thing -> :spyder:
dragon

Post by dragon »

I want to got this:Spyderco's Manix 2 Black G-10 Handles, 154CM Blade with stonewash finish, Combo Edge