GITD Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water_Gremlin

Post by Water_Gremlin »

OOOOHHHH BABY, mine will be in the mailbox within the hour. Looks like I'll be sitting in a dark room for the rest of the day. :)
MCM

Post by MCM »

I wonder how many will actually be made?
Any ideas?
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
KTMADV

Post by KTMADV »

The moonglow knife didn't appeal to me when I first saw them on the bay.Then time went by and the second batch came out and being available for order I got a few. Man , this is a cool manix.I like how the scales look during the day besides the night.Like the feel too , something different I guess. If your on the fence on getting one , get it now!
Simsmac

Post by Simsmac »

MCM wrote:I wonder how many will actually be made?
Any ideas?
The current run is 600 units. There will be a second run at the end of this year, probably with the same amount of units.
My EDC: Spyderco Manix 2 MoonGlow
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

got mine today. and if im not mistaken this is the second run. after this they are gone
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

These are all 1st run. 2nd run will be later this year if it's going to happen.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

jzmtl wrote:These are all 1st run. 2nd run will be later this year if it's going to happen.
Where did you hear about a second run?
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

jwrickma24 wrote:Where did you hear about a second run?
edc forum

i heard 600 and 600.
i was told the second run in late 2011 is a GO!
someone could ask jon at edc to verify. :confused:

i hope it doesn't happen. 600 seems to be enough. people who wanted them, got them. people who wanted like 4 got 4. it worked out very well for all involved...
still got people buying them at jsb. and he had a reserve held too. for "late to the gamers" or "no pm on" situation.

i equate the moonglow sprint to be like the cts manix sprint. very similar situation imho with the ups and downs, long availability. saturation effect. the "talk of a second batch." similar for both these sprints. cost also. situation all very similar. its funny how these things work out?
not a para2s90v instant disappear but a roller coaster ride of cost and availability for a few good weeks. god i love spyderco sprint collecting, don't you?!
:rolleyes:
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Yeah TBH I think if he do another run he'll be stuck with most of those, not something he can afford to do at the moment.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

if they keep bringing second runs it bring down the secondary market prices... im in lol
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

jwrickma24 wrote:if they keep bringing second runs it bring down the secondary market prices... im in lol
You can still buy it from him, why would you worry about secondary market price?

http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=e ... edcfmanix2
jonsidneyb

Post by jonsidneyb »

A second run has not happened yet, I was getting the original run in batches as I could not get them all at the same time.

The second run will be 400 units and will be towards the end of the year and then there will be no more of these.

I am pretty sure the secondary market price will go back up when there are none available at retail. Quite a few people still don't know these even exist.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

mine arrived today. it's one of my all time favorite spydie creations. i love the look and feel of the scale material!

also really loving the manix 2 design in general since picking one up a week or two ago. planning on doing an alaskan review soon. :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Water_Gremlin

Post by Water_Gremlin »

I also have the carpenter steel Manix 2. My favorite part of the GITD Manix 2 so far is the smooth yet slightly grippy feel of the scales. A close second is this sucker glows in the dark and it's bright!

Very cool indeed. Uggh can I get a GITD stretch in PE withou ordering 600? :)
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

jonsidneyb wrote:second run has not happened yet...the second run will be 400 units... will be the end of the year... there will be no more...
the secondary price will go back up when there are none available at retail....people still don't know these exist.
wow thanks for the confirmation! i will get one more when the second batch comes out later this year...
so 600 now and 400 more later in 2011 equals 1000 gitd manix's made total, huh? very interesting :cool:

jon, are they still in stock at jsb.com "RIGHT NOW" for $140 shipped still?
thanks again for doing this. we all owe you so much for making this possible.
--an eye for an eye--

Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

SmoothOne25 wrote:wow thanks for the confirmation! i will get one more when the second batch comes out later this year...
so 600 now and 400 more later in 2011 equals 1000 gitd manix's made total, huh? very interesting :cool:

jon, are they still in stock at jsb.com "RIGHT NOW" for $140 shipped still?
thanks again for doing this. we all owe you so much for making this possible.

i know your looking for an answer from john but im 99% sure they are still available.
http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=e ... edcfmanix2
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

jwrickma24 wrote:...answer from john... im 99% sure they are... available....
they are!!! :D ;) :cool:
trust me.... i wonder when it will ship? i'm in no rush, jon is busy and deserves a break now and then. he probably lost weight during the last month with all his hard work :(

edit: jon when will we see the stretch and mili/para-mili moonglow become available? i heard its a definite go! you got them in the store but won't release them yet... :p
--an eye for an eye--

jonsidneyb

Post by jonsidneyb »

SmoothOne25 wrote:they are!!! :D ;) :cool:
trust me.... i wonder when it will ship? i'm in no rush, jon is busy and deserves a break now and then. he probably lost weight during the last month with all his hard work :(

edit: jon when will we see the stretch and mili/para-mili moonglow become available? i heard its a definite go! you got them in the store but won't release them yet... :p
I actually gained weight, then I got a little past break even I started to eat better, actually I started to eat too good and I have to back down a bit. I made myself sick at first. I do walk everywhere and during this have done 4 round trips to the post office in a single day but the new calorie intake as more than that. Now before you think, oh he is eating fancy food that is not the case. I could not afford to eat properly and once I got over eating making me sick I kind of went nuts.
Simsmac

Post by Simsmac »

jonsidneyb wrote:I actually gained weight, then I got a little past break even I started to eat better, actually I started to eat too good and I have to back down a bit. I made myself sick at first. I do walk everywhere and during this have done 4 round trips to the post office in a single day but the new calorie intake as more than that. Now before you think, oh he is eating fancy food that is not the case. I could not afford to eat properly and once I got over eating making me sick I kind of went nuts.
Lol Jon. :D I hope all your hard work greatly benefits you and the forum. Sounds like it already has. :)
My EDC: Spyderco Manix 2 MoonGlow
Donut

Post by Donut »

Stay healthy Jon, a lot of people don't want you dying before all the glow in the dark Manixes are shipped. :p

hehe, really, stay healthy, this is a good thing.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!