Lion Spy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pdptrow

Lionspy

Post by pdptrow »

Here is a YT SHOT video link with the SR-1, Lionspy, and Dpx HEST folder at the same table. He goes through the profile and opening and closing no commentary though. Elmax interesting : ).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7BsbPHZsRI
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

wow perddy knife :D

EDIT, saw the right side of the knife, hate the pocket clip
buddy54ck

Post by buddy54ck »

Nice looking, probably heavy, and also probably very pricy, where do I sign up! LOL
CHARLIE
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

this is a must buy for me, i love this knife. any ideas when this will be available for preorder? and why no glassbreaker tip?(forgive me if this has been answered, i didnt read the whole thread)
trackstar55

Post by trackstar55 »

When concept models like the Lion Spy are introduced at Shot Shows over the past years....how long does it typically take for it to reach the consumers hand.

Or is this a case by case basis? Like determining royalities, scheduling production and such?
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

^^ Think about it, the FRCP Manix 2 was introduced last SHOT show and still hasnt come out yet. On another note, this would be a nice folder to put a flipper on :D
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

^^ and im sure it varies by folder, but im pretty sure most of the folders shown at this years SHOT show will come out withen this year.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

already contacted the dealer i go through for a pre order :D
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

jwrickma24 wrote:already contacted the dealer i go through for a pre order :D
How much was he asking for it?
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:How much was he asking for it?
there are no details other than they know its going to be made and they have a pre order list. no prices, dates, etc yet.
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

I'm still holding out hope that it'll come with both a glass breaker and "blunt" end which will be interchangeable. I really want that glass-breaker. Now if only it came black DLC coated too. :P
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

jwrickma24 wrote:there are no details other than they know its going to be made and they have a pre order list. no prices, dates, etc yet.
Ah, thanks.
Donut

Post by Donut »

hunterseeker5 wrote:I'm still holding out hope that it'll come with both a glass breaker and "blunt" end which will be interchangeable. I really want that glass-breaker. Now if only it came black DLC coated too. :P
+1 I'm not too sure why more Spyderco knives don't come with an extra feature or two. It seems like it would be easy to incorporate a glass breaker or something into most designs. Especially if you planned ahead.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

+1 I'm not too sure why more Spyderco knives don't come with an extra feature or two. It seems like it would be easy to incorporate a glass breaker or something into most designs. Especially if you planned ahead.
Well considering the lionsteel SR1 already came with exactly that option, and the lionspy appears to me to be a spydie hole and half composite handle away from being one, I don't see why the same option couldn't be offered here. *shrug* For a knife that'll almost certainly cost me over 200$ I really don't think adding an extra screw to the design would all of a sudden make it deal-breakingly expensive.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

donut wrote:+1 i'm not too sure why more spyderco knives don't come with an extra feature or two. It seems like it would be easy to incorporate a glass breaker or something into most designs. Especially if you planned ahead.
+1
trackstar55

Post by trackstar55 »

hunterseeker5 wrote:Well considering the lionsteel SR1 already came with exactly that option, and the lionspy appears to me to be a spydie hole and half composite handle away from being one, I don't see why the same option couldn't be offered here. *shrug* For a knife that'll almost certainly cost me over 200$ I really don't think adding an extra screw to the design would all of a sudden make it deal-breakingly expensive.
Whats the deal with the half composite handle? Why not the same handle as the SR1?

Im not sure I like the half composite idea......rather have the handle all one material.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

trackstar55 wrote:Whats the deal with the half composite handle? Why not the same handle as the SR1?

Im not sure I like the half composite idea......rather have the handle all one material.
the cost of doing a solid 1 piece ti handle would make it a no go -imho
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

the cost of doing a solid 1 piece ti handle would make it a no go -imho
Thats why. If you want an almost 500$ lionspy feel free to purchase the SR1 and have someone put a blade with a spydie hole on it. Doing it in two parts I don't see as being a problem. If you look around quite a few knives use a half or full composite construction. The Lionspy is interesting because they do it in an unusual way, but I don't expect the knife to have any strength issues.
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

So it
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

So is it going to be made in Italy by lionsteel or by spyderco?