Lion Spy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I think that it's beautiful, and I would love one...except that as a lefty, that just wouldn't work for me.
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

It reminds me a lot of the old Peter Herbst.

Post by 224477 »

Peruna wrote:It reminds me a lot of the old Peter Herbst.
but on a hefty dose of steroids... :eek: ;)

Indeed, I can see some simillar lines too.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Elkins45

Post by Elkins45 »

Is this going to be a Sprint or regular production?
trackstar55

Post by trackstar55 »

Elkins45 wrote:Is this going to be a Sprint or regular production?
SAL,,,,,,When is it going to be available? !!!!!!!!!!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

trackstar55 wrote:SAL,,,,,,When is it going to be available? !!!!!!!!!!
Will Spyderco even be the one marketing it? Or will it be like the Spy-Fox? No interest in this one myself, it's just another wrong handed lock to me, but I ask because the photos don't show any Spyderco markings.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Undertow82

Post by Undertow82 »

I was just now watching Nutn's Spyderco Shot Show 2011 booth review and Sal shows him this knife. I was impressed with the improved added designs of the lock-bar stabilizer and the rotating feature. The Hinderer style lock-bar stabilizer screw down when the knife is in the open position, compressing the lock-bar in place and further, locking it down.

It's an ingenious add-on to an already ingenious design. I think I will be watching this situation attentively and eagerly as I am a knife eater and my appetite is growing.
andrewjuguete

Post by andrewjuguete »

yup that knife looks dope

its a must have for me

i wish i didn't watch that nutnfancy's video
now i have to wait for it to come out
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The Deacon wrote: No interest in this one myself, it's just another wrong handed lock to me.
I love that blade but same goes for me. really annoying! Be cool as a fixed blade though.
angusW

Post by angusW »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I think that it's beautiful, and I would love one...except that as a lefty, that just wouldn't work for me.
I hope they fix their mistake and put the lock on the correct side :D

Another awesome knife that I won't be getting
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

I'm really looking forward to this one, I was considering a SR-1 before, but didn't like the price tag, I also like the g10 side of this one plus spyderhole.
mlifecycle21

Post by mlifecycle21 »

Oh man, I want one so bad. In the booth review with Nutnfancy, Sal said they might get rid of the glass breaker or make it retract like in their other knives, but I love it as it. I would like the knife even more if there were g10 scales on top of the titanium, instead of one side g10 and the other ti, but I understand machining/assembly costs. As is, if it's anywhere close to my price-range, I'll be getting one.
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

I have the SR-1 and this one is going to be lighter weight and have a Spyder hole. That is a MUST HAVE for me!
I love how Sal tips his hat to Mick Strider for doing the G10/Ti frame models in the Nutnfancy interview. Mick has said in his own forum what a leap in knife tech that a hole in the blade was that Sal introduced. Much respect to each. :D :D :D
...oh you know why!
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

I will own one of these when they hit!! If I'm lucky my 4yr old will get a match as well!
tanrichguy

Post by tanrichguy »

I'm very excited about this model too. A 'must have' for 2011.

Love the deep carry clip but could do without the glass breaker altogether.

Also hoping that it is produced in something other than S30V.
Spyderco C60P Massad Ayoob avatar courtesy of Dialex.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

At the 22:00 mark in the video, Sal says it will probably be a limited production model. So it will be released in small batches, but those small batches should be produced as long as demand remains.
mlifecycle21 wrote:Oh man, I want one so bad. In the booth review with Nutnfancy, Sal said they might get rid of the glass breaker or make it retract like in their other knives, but I love it as it.
tanrichguy wrote:Love the deep carry clip but could do without the glass breaker altogether.
No glass breaker, which I don't care for on this knife anyway. Glass breakers belong on rescue style knives, which this is not. The breaker just doesn't fit with the design of the knife.
sal wrote:The Lionsteel/Spyderco collaboration will not be an inexpensive knife. We'll more than likely change the name by production time. We won't be including the glass breaker.

sal
I don't mind the small clip, but hope they go with a matte finish instead of the shiny chrome look to better match the Ti scale. I initially wasn't too excited for this model when I first heard about it. The SR-1 was interesting, but didn't really grab me. The Spyderco version, on the other hand, looks great. I just might end up having to buy one of these things after all.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
v8r

Post by v8r »

It looks nice, but I would rather have all TI scales.Can I get it with a Combo Edge!
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Slash

Post by Slash »

I'm really looking forward to this knife exactly as the prototype looked at shot. Much like the lionsteel sr1, just make the glass breaker a personal removable choice and please give use the tools for it.
Instead of a wooden box. I would like to see it come in something original like any type (preferrably lexan) of strong acrylic material that is cylinder shaped and water tight so it can function as a dual purpose for storage of certain items (i.e. smokin' tobacco ;) you wouldn't want to get wet. Also, give it(the container) a loop and carabiner for attachment..Now that would be kool.

I'll definately be standing in line for one. Please notifiy me when it's available. thanks
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

Slash wrote:I'm really looking forward to this knife exactly as the prototype looked at shot. Much like the lionsteel sr1, just make the glass breaker a personal removable choice and please give use the tools for it.
Instead of a wooden box. I would like to see it come in something original like any type (preferrably lexan) of strong acrylic material that is cylinder shaped and water tight so it can function as a dual purpose for storage of certain items (i.e. smokin' tobacco ;) you wouldn't want to get wet. Also, give it(the container) a loop and carabiner for attachment..Now that would be kool.

I'll definately be standing in line for one. Please notifiy me when it's available. thanks
The limited edition DPX hest folders that were produced by lionsteel [which has the rotoblock, ti frame + g10, a wave like rapid deployment system/bottle opener, changeable glass breaker, etc] came in a water tight SAS tin. But it was a very limited edition. The production versions didn't come in such a case. And they have both left and right hand purchaseable options, unfortunately not interchangeable.
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

D1omedes wrote:thanks for the pics. that model is not my cup of tea but it looks nice.
+3

I am sure it is interesting and costs a pretty penny, but it just doesn't do anything for me.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser