Spyderco Paramilitary 2 availability

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

aedmband21 wrote:I'm pissed. Last night I saw that KC had the para2 digicam satin blade in stock and I thought to myself... Let me sleep on it to make sure I want to spend another hundred on top of the $500+ I've spent on knives this month. I wake up this morning only to find out they sold out!!!

I might be more interested in the black blade digicam, but I'm not sure how the black coating will hold up. I know most people view the black coating wear as character for the knife, but I'm in the minority. Can anyone offer any experience to how the black coating wears? I have yet to own a spyderco with the DLC coating.

Thanks
I believe kw has the digicam satin and the black black model in stock...i think the satin blade black g10 is still on pre order though

Also, I'm not a huge fan of black blades, but I have a few from spyderco and I have to say that their coating holds up the best of any other brand I've tried. Plus, if it gets worn you can send it in to their "spa" for some treatment and it will come back looking like new.
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Black G10 plain satin S30V PM2 are back in stock at Howes as of this morning. They got 10 in, only 5 left now. I finally got one coming to me!
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

just got my satin digicam from kw. Thing is sweeet. first digicam handle I've owned, and I am IMPRESSED with the styling and detail. this thing is epically cool!

Also, the ladybug h1 hawk and dfly2 are pretty nice as well - just hard ot follow up after my dcam p2! :D
aedmband21

Post by aedmband21 »

Just ordered para2 satin digicam from KW. I normally order through KC but I figured if so many people on here order from KW it should be reputable. Thanks for the tip and I'm pumped to get this knife!
jimnolimit

Post by jimnolimit »

i just ordered my para2 G10 w/ satin blade. i just checked one of my "spots" and it said they only had 4 left, i hope that number was accurate.
67nick

Post by 67nick »

Anyone get a message from KC about the Gray G-10 Carpenter steel shipping in a week? I received an email from them stating that it will be shipping in the next 5-7 days...

In the meantime, I received my Digi-Camo from Howe's today and it is AWESOME!!! Thanks again Jim, this one is perfect. :)
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

67nick,

My digicam also arrived today. Been tracking it since J.H. sent out the tracking info last week! Anyhow, it's a very familiar blade to me now, as I've been carrying the black version of it around since I received it a few weeks ago. I really like this one, and just the speed at which the blade deploys on this model. I'd say that it is just as fast as the Manix 2 in terms of speed.

I've got my pre-order in for the Carpenter steel/Grey version, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. I'll be looking for a deal if my p.o. falls through.
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
67nick

Post by 67nick »

Beanie-Bean wrote:67nick,

My digicam also arrived today. Been tracking it since J.H. sent out the tracking info last week! Anyhow, it's a very familiar blade to me now, as I've been carrying the black version of it around since I received it a few weeks ago. I really like this one, and just the speed at which the blade deploys on this model. I'd say that it is just as fast as the Manix 2 in terms of speed.

I've got my pre-order in for the Carpenter steel/Grey version, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. I'll be looking for a deal if my p.o. falls through.
Tracked mine too and it arrived today, as scheduled. No sticky lock or blemishes and the blade is perfectly centered! I really like the semi-translucent look of the camo scales, for me that aspect of the design makes the knife really come together nicely. This one's not going to be an EDC. ;)

Like I said, I received a email from KC this evening that the Carpenter steel/Grey version was shipping soon so maybe the next sprint run is headed our way earlier than we had anticipated. I checked the forums and nobody's mentioned it so I'm guessing it hasn't been released yet. We shall see...
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

67nick wrote:Anyone get a message from KC about the Gray G-10 Carpenter steel shipping in a week? I received an email from them stating that it will be shipping in the next 5-7 days...
No emails here. Hope yours does ship in 5-7 days though.
67nick

Post by 67nick »

False alarm, I spoke to KC today and the email was just to let me know that they would receive some one day. Dang! :(
aedmband21

Post by aedmband21 »

I got that e-mail too about the translucent blue manix I ordered. Sucks to hear the e-mail was basically for nothing.
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

I have one ordered from Howes, it should be here Thursday. :D I can't wait to compare the Para l to the Para ll. I feel sure I will like the ll better, but from what I have read, I might like the first one the best. :eek: Only time will tell.
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
markg

Post by markg »

I just put an order in today for the Digi-Camo version from Knifeworks.

OK... I can take a break now. :)
jimnolimit

Post by jimnolimit »

I just got my para2 (black g10 w/satin blade) an hour ago. This model is not a homerun, it's a grand slam! It's so nice I'm going to have to buy it twice!
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

What a coincidence, my black G10 w satin blade P2 just got delivered as well. Mine locks up solid as a rock and seems pretty smooth. Very heavy duty little knife. Very nice, indeed.

(Just wish the blade was about 1/4 to 1/3rd inch longer with keeping the current handle size. Seems like that could have been done. Jmo.)
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
Dune

Post by Dune »

This is one I'm really wanting as well...a good idea would be I think is to buy the digi camo and black with g10 and swap the blades..that way you would have a digi camo with black blade and a satin g10 blade.
jimnolimit

Post by jimnolimit »

howes has a camo G10/black blade pre order.
markg

Post by markg »

Dune wrote:This is one I'm really wanting as well...a good idea would be I think is to buy the digi camo and black with g10 and swap the blades..that way you would have a digi camo with black blade and a satin g10 blade.
All the flavors will be available at some point, not sure I would go to this expense and hassle to get versions that will be out soon anyway.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

for all those of you who havent been able to get your hands on a p2, it looks like shipments have gone out to many major retailers. kc for instance has all 3 released models currently in stock. hope this helps some of you guys!
67nick

Post by 67nick »

pmbspyder wrote:for all those of you who havent been able to get your hands on a p2, it looks like shipments have gone out to many major retailers. kc for instance has all 3 released models currently in stock. hope this helps some of you guys!
Yep, Howes is all stocked up!