The quest has ended... Spyderco Warrior.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
markg

The quest has ended... Spyderco Warrior.

Post by markg »

After nearly 20 years... My quest to own a "Warrior" has ended. Today I secured a Spyderco Warrior, and it will shortly be enroute to me. I got the black bladed version. It is not cheap, but I did not expect it to be so.

I will post some pictures of this knife when it arrives...

So, any other Warrior owners who want to chime in to get me pumped up!!! :)
tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

Sure wish that thing was Texas legal, I'd be all over that if it was.
markg

Post by markg »

To be honest, it is not legal for carry in most places...

I will just wear it around the backyard and have it for a Zombie Apocalypse.
insaneinmate

Post by insaneinmate »

markg wrote:To be honest, it is not legal for carry in most places...

I will just wear it around the backyard and have it for a Zombie Apocalypse.
Ive got until dec 21st, 2012 to get one, or two... :spyder:
:spyder: Spydies: Orange Manix 2, Digicam Para 2, Foliage Green FRN Delica 4

:spyder: Want List: Starmate!
markg

Post by markg »

Well, I am just up the road from you in Lebanon, OH... Where you at in Cincy? I lived there until 2009...

Have to know where your friends are at come a ZA... ;)
tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

Well then, z-day is a whole 'nother perspective. In which case, you guys can wield your warriors, I'll just keep my friends close and my beretta px4 s.d. in .45 even closer :D
markg

Post by markg »

Ahem... You know you always have to dispatch a few zombies at close range.
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

Why would the warrior be illegal? Just curious due to unfamiliarity to other states laws beside FL.
Jonj480

Post by Jonj480 »

markg wrote:Well, I am just up the road from you in Lebanon, OH... Where you at in Cincy? I lived there until 2009...

Have to know where your friends are at come a ZA... ;)
Not far from you guys either - Maineville, here. Warrior looks like a great zombie killer - or possum skinner...
markg

Post by markg »

Visual Articulation wrote:Why would the warrior be illegal? Just curious due to unfamiliarity to other states laws beside FL.
Double edge. Most states prohibit the carry of double edged knives.

Now, you could make the case it is like a saw backed knife... That is not a double edge... But I would not want to make that case.
markg

Post by markg »

Jonj480 wrote:Not far from you guys either - Maineville, here. Warrior looks like a great zombie killer - or possum skinner...
We should have a "Southwestern Ohio Meet and Greet..."

Maybe Spyderco could do a small show for us!?!? ;)
Jonj480

Post by Jonj480 »

That would be awesome! I would love that, not sure my wallet would though....
ToneGrail

Post by ToneGrail »

Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

[quote="markg"]We should have a "Southwestern Ohio Meet and Greet..."/QUOTE]

Let me know if you ever get the M&G together. Can bring "quick draw" Warrior sheaths to help you fight the zombies.
KaliGman

Warrior

Post by KaliGman »

I have had a Warrior for quite awhile. Mine, of course, pre-dated the black coated version, as it was used in a magazine article I wrote several months ago. I actually carry mine as my "wet weather" fixed blade. As Northeast Ohio is wet most of the winter, I have carried it on duty a time or two and to and from various martial arts seminars and classes. It is not my favorite fixed blade for fighting, but it is a quite serviceable design when used in reverse grip or forward grip methodologies, has a second cutting edge, which can be utilized in many evil ways by a knife-happy, well trained barbarian like me :p , and that H-1 steel means I can defer maintenance for a bit when it gets wet from snow, ice, or rain. I think you will like it.

I do regret that I did not pick up Mickey Yurco's telephone call a couple of weeks ago, as I was on a plane to Texas when he called. Mickey was at Mike Sastre's booth at a knife show and was going to ask me if I wanted him to pick up one of Mike's sheaths for the Warrior, since he had seen me carry the Warrior during a couple of task force operations. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with Mike directly for the sheath. Mickey makes some pretty good kydex for his Yurco custom knives (the knives are very, very nice), and he told me Mike's sheaths for the Warrior are the best that he has seen for that particular blade.

Take care and train hard,

Jon
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
markg

Post by markg »

KaliGman wrote:I have had a Warrior for quite awhile. Mine, of course, pre-dated the black coated version, as it was used in a magazine article I wrote several months ago. I actually carry mine as my "wet weather" fixed blade. As Northeast Ohio is wet most of the winter, I have carried it on duty a time or two and to and from various martial arts seminars and classes. It is not my favorite fixed blade for fighting, but it is a quite serviceable design when used in reverse grip or forward grip methodologies, has a second cutting edge, which can be utilized in many evil ways by a knife-happy, well trained barbarian like me :p , and that H-1 steel means I can defer maintenance for a bit when it gets wet from snow, ice, or rain. I think you will like it.

I do regret that I did not pick up Mickey Yurco's telephone call a couple of weeks ago, as I was on a plane to Texas when he called. Mickey was at Mike Sastre's booth at a knife show and was going to ask me if I wanted him to pick up one of Mike's sheaths for the Warrior, since he had seen me carry the Warrior during a couple of task force operations. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with Mike directly for the sheath. Mickey makes some pretty good kydex for his Yurco custom knives (the knives are very, very nice), and he told me Mike's sheaths for the Warrior are the best that he has seen for that particular blade.

Take care and train hard,

Jon
Mickey is the guy with the bad jokes right? If so, I have trained with him a time or two at some of the MBC seminars... The man is an endless stream of one liners... It really is amazing. Makes nice stuff too.

And as for the Meet and Greet... I will have to look into the idea. I would like a nice sheath for the new Warrior. I did have one of Mike's sheaths for the Gunting a few years back.
Hissatsu5

Post by Hissatsu5 »

I got the regular warrior to use as a dive knife I love it