spyderco leafstorm

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ms89glide

spyderco leafstorm

Post by Ms89glide »

The newest leafstorms look to be a little different than the original. The handle seems to be a lighter green, but the overall lines seem a little off. Is this my imagination?? I have never seen either in person. I am looking to purchase one, but I like the darker green. Do I need to go thru ebay to purchase one like this??
araneae

Post by araneae »

I would guess its variation in the photos used. They are probably the same color.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

Post by 5.56 »

It's just a difficult knife to photograph, the dealer pics all look different.

Here is what you will get.

-Rob

Knuckle dragger
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

It's probably your imagination or, as has been noted, the differences between colors in photographs. That difference can be caused by the camera itself, the lighting (both intensity and source), the editing, or some combination of those factors. However, there's also the outside chance that any two batches of any material, and especially one where 99% of it is used in applications where color matching is of no importance, will not be exactly alike. One thing that's safe to say is that the yellow/green color of the Leafstorm in both the online and paper catalogs is not even close to the actual color.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Morris

Post by Morris »

****! that's a hot knife :)
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

reminds me of a strider... no?
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
marcdurant

Post by marcdurant »

The first time I saw a leafstorm I thought it was glow-in-the-dark. It's got that same funny yellow-green color to it.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I have a Graham Bros. custom with natural G11 scales, very similar to natural G10. I didn't think I would like it, but in real life (as opposed to in pictures on the web), to me - YMMV - it's actually very good looking.
wec12

Post by wec12 »

I thought Leafstorm is discontinued?
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

wec12 wrote:I thought Leafstorm is discontinued?
Nope, still being produced. :)
TBob

Post by TBob »

5.56's picture looks pretty close to mine, but it is very difficult to capture the color exactly. The G10 on mine definitely looks closer to 5.56's photo than the picture in the online catalog. I think that the Leaf Storm looks much better in person. Oh, and it cuts like crazy.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

TBob wrote:5.56's picture looks pretty close to mine, but it is very difficult to capture the color exactly. The G10 on mine definitely looks closer to 5.56's photo than the picture in the online catalog. I think that the Leaf Storm looks much better in person. Oh, and it cuts like crazy.
Same here regarding color. The catalog photos tend to be too yellow and dark. I love this knife. Never get tired of looking at it. The translucent scale adds a nice dimesionality to the handle. Get one!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The pic below is pretty good. This is the Graham Bros. I mentioned earlier with G11, but the color is essentially the same as natural G10.

Googz

Post by Googz »

I just got a leaf storm, bravo! The combo of materials, size and weight is just spot on. This is my new favorite knife.
Orange Manix 2, Purple Endura, Foliage Green G10 Dragonfly, Leaf storm + more in the near future
TBob

Post by TBob »

Congratulations! I still carry mine daily at work due to blade-length limits. I have found it to be a great little knife.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder: