At Last I Found A Spyderco Khukuri

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water_Gremlin

At Last I Found A Spyderco Khukuri

Post by Water_Gremlin »

After months and months of searching I finally found a Spyderco Khukuri new in box!!!!! At first I thought it was a scam or I was going to be screwed with a knock off knife. Now that the knife is in my hands I can tell for sure it's the real deal. :D Supposedly they have 5 left.

Paramilitary 2 out of the pocket and in goes the Khukuri. :D Add a 4-7's Quark 123x2 with 18650 body to the EDC that I just ordered and I will have, what I hope to be, one of my all time favorite EDC's. :D
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Enjoy! It's a good knife ;)

Take care
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Glad you found one. I had initially passed on picking one up due to the extremely odd shape, but picked one up after they got discontinued and went on clearance. Boy am I glad I got it! Now that I have a Rock Salt, large Persian 1, Khukuri, and Balance, I'm a fan of the Ed Schempp club! I won't be passing up any more of his knives from now on. The ergos are superb and I love how all his designs just lock naturally into the hand. I hope you get a lot of use out of your Khukuri!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Water_Gremlin

Post by Water_Gremlin »

I missed out on the rock salt. I hope it is re-introduced with a different steel and a lower price. It looks like a functional knife for my outdoor activities.

I have to agree, I really like Ed Schempp's designs.
vaa

Post by vaa »

I like how small it is when you close it. I sold mine a little while ago when I needed some money. I'll be on the lookout for one when funds are once again available.

Congrats. on the find.
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

I got a Barong about a week ago...very similar knives. I love it!
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
Water_Gremlin

Post by Water_Gremlin »

You know what would be really neat? A mini rock salt folder :)
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

+1 on Schemp designs.. they are just too cool. I have a khukuri also but it is in the safe for collection. Wish I could own more of his blades.
Linguini3

Post by Linguini3 »

water_gremlin wrote:you know what would be really neat? A mini rock salt folder :)
awesome idea +1
"Trance is centralized around the idea of capturing a moment in time, It's an art."

My Spydies- Millie (Digicam, Black Blade), Orange Manix 2 Sprint, P'kal, SpyderHawk Salt SE
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Water_Gremlin wrote:I missed out on the rock salt. I hope it is re-introduced with a different steel and a lower price. It looks like a functional knife for my outdoor activities.

I have to agree, I really like Ed Schempp's designs.
Your wish is granted (at least about the different steel. We don't know about the price yet). Check out from the 2:00 mark:

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k59 ... V04274.mp4
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

jabba359 wrote:Glad you found one. I had initially passed on picking one up due to the extremely odd shape, but picked one up after they got discontinued and went on clearance. Boy am I glad I got it!
I did the same. When I first got I said that while I like negative blade angles, I thought it might have too much of a good thing... then I carried the knife for a while. It's a nice one alright.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.