Any news on the Yojimbo 2 release?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PostalGlock'n

Any news on the Yojimbo 2 release?

Post by PostalGlock'n »

I am dying to get my hands on this. The only info I can find are 2 simular videos of Mr. Janich.

I want detailed photos, specs, ect... Come on, I feel like a jonesing Crackhead.
My Addiction:
P'Kal
Chinook 3
Military S30V
Manix C95
Yojimbo Blue
Police SS
Endura SS "waved"
Lum Tanto VG-10
Viele I
Tim Zowada
Terzuola Starmate
Terzuola C19 G-10
Gunting
Chokwe
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

The only source that I know of (one of the videomakers) stated it was expected in Q4 of 2011. Mr. Janich did just receive the prototype at SHOT show, so it was just finished.

PS-Can you post both vids? I've only seen one video with the Yojimbo 2.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have to agree, this knife is on the absolute top of my purchase list. I'm at least 99% sure i'm going to buy one, and that's a lot considering i won't buy anything i haven't held. I can't imagine what might stop me from buying it...i even know ahead of time that it's a hollow grind which isn't my favorite grind but i'm willing to live with it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

This knife is a definite must by for my as well. I managed to get a yojimbo 1 in black. The ergos and the amount of purchase you can get on that knife is amazing. I will be interesting to see the improvements made by mr. janich. Wonder if we will see different handle colors for this knife too.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Evil D wrote:I have to agree, this knife is on the absolute top of my purchase list. I'm at least 99% sure i'm going to buy one, and that's a lot considering i won't buy anything i haven't held. I can't imagine what might stop me from buying it...i even know ahead of time that it's a hollow grind which isn't my favorite grind but i'm willing to live with it.
hmmmm I think I already bought all of them..... :p ...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:hmmmm I think I already bought all of them..... :p ...Doc :D
Awww c'mon man, i think you have enough sharp pointy things on you at one time you can spare me at least one Yo 2 :p
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:hmmmm I think I already bought all of them..... :p ...Doc :D
I think you're already at a professional stage of martial arts where you could defeat someone with a teddy bear. Leave us with the goodies please. :)