Ordered My First Millie

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydesense

Ordered My First Millie

Post by Spydesense »

Well, I finally broke down and did it, I have ordered an Orange Military! I have been wanting one for quite a while, but I have always wondered if it would be too big for EDC... I guess I will find out. I know the Para is smaller, but I decided to get the full size Millie. I know it has been talked about a lot on the forums, but I was just wondering what you guy's opinions are on the Military.

Thanks- Greg
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

First, I love your avatar! :D

I came to the Military late in my knife interests, and then only because of the S90V sprint. I'd always assumed it was too big and too right-handed (I'm left-dominant). I was wrong - it balances nicely, is surprisingly light for its size, has a great blade (as long as you don't want to pry open ammo crates), and generally has great ergos. The only thing that some might view as a drawback is its single-position clip, but that works OK for me, so no complaints.

The orange G10 version is a great looker, and I think you'll be very happy.

I do think the Military is one of those knives everyone ought to own, or at least try. It has been in the Spyderco line since approximately forever ;) without any significant changes in its design, and duds and also-rans don't pile up that kind of a track record. Enjoy!
chipped

Post by chipped »

I love my orange Millie. I pair it with a serrated pacific salt in yellow.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I love millies! Congrats!
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Together with the Sebenza and XM-18, it is one of the great iconic modern knives (even if cheaper than the other 2).
Suffice to say; I have a Sebenza which is of course well made, yet I do prefer my Military.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Congratulations! I used to think the milli was way too big for my EDC, but that changed completely after it's first day in my pocket. Enjoy it, and do share you're experiences with it!
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

Thanks JNewell...it should be here Tuesday. :D
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I was going to say, but decided not to, that my orange Military is the smoothest of the four I've got. I was searching through threads today looking for some other info on the orange Military and kept finding comments about how smooth other people thought this particular version of the Military was. So, for whatever unknown (to me) reason, there seems to be something to that - another reason to look forward to your orange Millie.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I really like the Spyderco Military! Beautiful design, great grip, and wonderful balance. I appreciate the light weight of the G-10 handle models, and I'm impressed with the extra heft found in the titanium handle and the titanium/G-10 versions.

I did find the Military to be kind of big when I first took it out its box, and I did get used to the size soon after that.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!