Spyderco knives in movies?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Batman

Post by Batman »

Also in the movie Needful Things with Ed Harris.
druid

Post by druid »

The film adaptation of Dean Koontz's Mr. murder features a spiderco stainless steel I believe rescue model on the front cover, effective you can find a movie poster for it is basically based around the knife.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

Add Stargate SG-1 to the list, several times.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

and to answer your question Civilian: the C12 Civilian has made many movie/tv appearances that I've heard of. The only one I know for certain is the one I saw during the bathroom fight scene in Bad Boys
pyton357ru

Post by pyton357ru »

Someone mentioned "Face off". Could anyone remind the moment. I remember bali, but not Spyderco.
Thanks beforehand!
Dr. Detroit

Post by Dr. Detroit »

I saw an advanced screening of the "Punisher" and there is a civillian and a Emerson kerambit in the movie
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

Adam used one to shuck an oyster in a recent "Man V. Food" episode.
:spyder: MEMBRE DE L'ORDRE INTERNATIONALE SPYDEREDGE :spyder:
vaa

Post by vaa »

I remember a SS Police in a school movie like the principal or lean on me. I can't remember the name. It had 2 gang members fighting on school grounds. I think one of the gang members was Cuba Gooding Jr. I looked up IMDB but couldn't find it.
Reno Sepulveda

Post by Reno Sepulveda »

One of the bad guys uses what looks like a Manix to stab Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen
"Think of me as a toxic mix of Wilford Brimley, Dennis Leary and Huell Houser. That’s what I do."
Reno Sepulveda :spyder:
angusW

Post by angusW »

It's back from the dead :p

Last night friends of ours said they watch a show called Dexter. They said one of his knives is a Spydie but didn't know what model it was and I couldn't find it. Anyone know?
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Spydie-50

Post by Spydie-50 »

Seeing that custom police knife in the Client was what caused my obssesion of Spydies.
I knew I had to have a knife like that. Not long after I bought a stainless delica and I was hooked.
Max1975

Post by Max1975 »

I thought I saw the bad guys use a military to stab one of the girls in The last house on the left
Tsujigiri

Post by Tsujigiri »

Looks like there will be another soon; I saw a Spydie in a preview for James Cameron's next film.

My favorite is still the Military the officer threatened to use to cut off Tyler Durden's balls in Fight Club...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

There's a much better thread that covers Spyderco knives in movies and television, is more up to date, and includes pictures. Check out the Spyderco Sightings thread here: http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14767
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

IIRC, the Harpy that Hannibal Lector uses is a stainless Harpy, not the G-10 version. Well, actually it was a rubber mock-up, but it was a mock-up of the regular stainless version.

As far as the Civilian goes, there are pics of one used in "The Punisher" in the thread in jabba359's link above.
15 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14PBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

hey guys! i found another 1! (can u tell im excited?) i was watching tv (rare) and i saw a commercial for Sanctum. and for a half a second i saw a girl pull out a knife and wondered if it was a spyderco. so i got on youtube and looked up the video and sure enough it is! its just after the 2 minute mark heres a link for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPMSiyLRDk
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

Max1975 wrote:I thought I saw the bad guys use a military to stab one of the girls in The last house on the left
I think it as an Endura. Not sure which one but it was definitely in the movie and was used to kill that girl.
I wonder how Sal feels about stuff like that. I mean do they get his permission first to use his knife as a prop? Any kick back on that sort of thing?
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

The SS Police seems to make alot of appearances in movies and television.

I'm watching The Eraser on NetFlix right now and some Russian gangster just pulled one on Vanessa Williams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

delicafreak wrote:hey guys! i found another 1! (can u tell im excited?) i was watching tv (rare) and i saw a commercial for Sanctum. and for a half a second i saw a girl pull out a knife and wondered if it was a spyderco. so i got on youtube and looked up the video and sure enough it is! its just after the 2 minute mark heres a link for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPMSiyLRDk
I've got some screenshots from the trailer in the Spyderco sightings thread.
Max1975 wrote:I thought I saw the bad guys use a military to stab one of the girls in The last house on the left
As BBQ Boy noted, it appears to be an Endura. I've also got a screenshot from this in the same Spyderco Sighting thread.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

[quote="jabba359"]I've got some screenshots from the trailer in the thread.

yes i saw after I posted. you were very quick haha :cool:
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D