Winter storm

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dsmegst

Winter storm

Post by dsmegst »

Wow, it took me 6 hours to get home tonight. Normally it takes me about 20 to 25 minutes, max. First hour, I moved about 100 yards!

How does 8 inches of snow mess up the roads so much? :confused: What an insanely tiring day... Be safe out there
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
feed_the_animals

Post by feed_the_animals »

Bummer! Glad you arrived safe. Live in Montana so I've done that before. Good thing its late in the winter and people are used to being cautious - no one seems to be able to remember how to drive on snow when the first big storm hits. Where do you live?
pmel018

Post by pmel018 »

In the UK it only takes about an inch before everything grinds to a halt!
Phil
syphen

Post by syphen »

I'll take snow any day of the week!!

Too many Spydies to list!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Next week commute in New England.

My driveway looks a little better :rolleyes: , but we are getting close
Attachments
Connecticut 2011.jpg
Connecticut 2011.jpg (50.8 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Wow! That's a crazy looking scenery.

I'm working from home today. No way I'm risking another drive out. :)
Dan (dsmegst)

Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Where is that Roman? Can't be CT, everyone's driving on the wrong side of the road. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

The Deacon wrote:Where is that Roman? Can't be CT, everyone's driving on the wrong side of the road. :D
Still thats one Crazy road! :D
thewannabesurvivalist
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

You need to come up here where every vehicle on the road is designed to go off-road and 1/2 ton trucks are considered small...

Just at the tail end of a chinook, expected high today is 3c (38f) along with 10cm (4") of snow to freeze (after it's done raining now)... I'll probably pass a dozen ppl in the ditch both on the way home today and again in. The morning... Seems like this stretch of highway claims at least 1 person daily, and it's not a long section.,
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

The picture is from Japan.

I have no clue, in reference to the OP. We never had that much issue with the snow up in Alaska. The main issue, from what I can tell, is that y'all just aren't ready for it when it hits. It's hard enough to get allocations for budget on important stuff, let alone something that lasts less than a month a year on average. Typical reactive governmental thinking does it to you.

The town I grew up in had no snow for a stretch so they sold off their snow plows...to get two feet-plus of snow overnight the very next winter. Out of sight, out of mind. Then they tell you how hard everyone has to work extra when they should have had enough people to take care of it in the first place.

Remember, businesses consider manpower to be a huge drain on their resources, not a huge bonus to have working for them to get what needs doing done.