Which Spydie for girlfriend?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

+1 for the Delica
My GF has a purple LBK and loves it, but she wanted a green Delica, said the purple Delica was the wrong shade of purple, bah women. :rolleyes:
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Never underestimate the likes of the opposite sex...a student of mine had a wife who had an aversion to all knives...he brought home for her a Caly Jr. ZDP in Burgundy..she turned her nose up...he tried a Blue Delica...yep she turned her nose up.....he tried a CF Civilian...nice looking but too scary for her....he laid out all his knives on the floor out of frustration and told her "Just pick One, I want you to carry a knife!"
She took his Rock Salt (LoL) and wears it to work everyday.....So you never know...My better half just helped herself to one of my Ronins...Doc :D

Exactly, My wife also picked out a knife that was completely off my radar.

Knives are personal, bring your girlfriend to a dealer and let her pick one out for herself
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

My girlfriend loves her Blue FRN FFG Delica, she also adores her etched Spin. She can operate both of them well, but is partial to a lockback. She's also partial to serrated blades! She digs her FFG serrated Dragonfly!

Those three might be good options for your girlfriend.
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

I got my wife a Byrd FRN Finch, Byrd G10 Robin, purple Ladybug, pink (saber grind) Delica and a purple FFG Delica. I got her those colors because she likes them. I showed her the gray, blue and purple FFG Delicas and said she could pick one and she picked the purple. I quite like that color myself so got an extra.

Out of those she carries the Robin the most, because I put a nice home made lanyard on it. Go figure :p She refuses to carry the Ladybug because its "too nice."

I would say the one she carries the second-most is the purple Delica.

Be advised the purple Delica is a lot darker than the purple Ladybug.
JabFynger

Post by JabFynger »

The stainless cricket may be a good choice. "Cute" is an adjective that seems to be thrown around in discussions about it, it has a small but very capable blade, and it's extremely thin with or without a clip which may make it more suitable for those useless little girl-jean pockets lol. The Dragonfly 2 is also a good one to consider.
"You could have opened that with your hands." "Ya, but this knife cost me $60...the hands were free.":spyder:
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

The only dealer in my area sells for MSRP only and doesn't often get in the new stuff, it's basically a outdoors/hunting store. I think I'll just have her browse the online catalogue.

The Cricket and Balance are nice, she might like the size and shape of those... maybe she needs two knives. I know a Manix is too big and chunky for her small hands. She would be afraid to carry it.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
Jesting Devil

Post by Jesting Devil »

Funny thing, I just went through the exact same thing with my girlfriend. She started with a purple ladybug too!

She always liked the size and feel of my salt 1 so she ended up with a purple Delica 4 FFG for Christmas. What feels right for her is the most important but thats one I would highly recommend.

When she opened it, I admit I was a little jealous :o
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Why don't you show her the Spyderco line and let her pick the one she wants?
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

Bluntrauma wrote:Why don't you show her the Spyderco line and let her pick the one she wants?
^^^ That's probably what I'm going to do. But I also like to surprise.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
Kambei

Post by Kambei »

When I gifted my girlfriend a Sage I, she was really impressed. In my opinion, the Sage exudes quality--nice texture with the carbon fiber, low ride clip for discreet carry, and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Seeing the twill pattern in natural light also added another nice dimensional quality. My gf really appreciated it.
Morris

Post by Morris »

akaAK wrote:She is also fond of my kopas.
...not ...going ...to ...go ....there! :rolleyes: :)

If she's really into Spydercos, and knives, wouldn't color be the 3rd or 4th
consideration when choosing a knife? Just be sure you aren't getting her
something that you like and are interested in - and justifying it cause it's a
"cute" color.

If she is really into knives, get her the one that works best for her - or that
she collects - or is a new direction that she may like and not know it.

good luck!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

JediKnight86 wrote:^^^ That's probably what I'm going to do. But I also like to surprise.
Can't begin to tell you how many surprises are hiding in my closet. :)
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

purple delica or pink delica if she likes pink!
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

Jesting Devil wrote:Funny thing, I just went through the exact same thing with my girlfriend. She started with a purple ladybug too!

She always liked the size and feel of my salt 1 so she ended up with a purple Delica 4 FFG for Christmas. What feels right for her is the most important but thats one I would highly recommend.

When she opened it, I admit I was a little jealous :o
dont be jealous! get another!! lol i love my :spyder: 's especially my delicas :D
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
duvaldrummer

Post by duvaldrummer »

I bought my gf a sprint run pink endura and she absolutely loves it.
My :spyder:'s : C11FBL Delica 4 ffg; C36CMOBK Military; C123 Sage; C135 PPT; C81G2 Para-Military 2; C75SS3 Kiwi3(2); B02GP SmallFly; C10FPPR Endura 4 FFG; C81GPOR2 Para-Military 2(2); C28BK2 Dragonfly2; C11FPOR Delica 4 ffg; C11GYW Delica 4 Emerson; C88SBK Salt I SpyderEdge; C10JBB Endura Jigged Bone/Damascus; C10PPN Endura;
Jesting Devil

Post by Jesting Devil »

delicafreak wrote:dont be jealous! get another!! lol i love my :spyder: 's especially my delicas :D
I plan to! thank god the colored ffg is being continued :D
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

Gave this to her and she always has it on. :)
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
wongKI

Post by wongKI »

IMO, nobody needs better than a Ladybug; it's often underestimated because of its size, but in terms of utility, it stands up to a Delica or Dfly thanks to its compact size. That said, consider hunting down:
-A Kiwi or Kopa
-A Dragonfly 2, G10 Dragonfly, Dragonfly Tattoo etc
-A coloured FFG Delica
-A Caly3
-A UKPK