Got the Chokwe and Resilience in the mail today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wsdavies

Got the Chokwe and Resilience in the mail today!

Post by wsdavies »

Impressions:

Resilience - What a beast! I think the fit and finish are even better than my Tenacious and Persistence. Also, this think flicks open with the slight twitch of your thumb, or if you want it drop opens with a nice downward flick of the wrist, which is fun.

Chokwe - Wow this is really a sexy knife in person. Fantastic fit and finish...razor freaking sharp. It also opens effortlessly. I love the slender pointy blade. It's not as big in person as I thought, which is a plus for me. It's actually a great EDC size. Love the titanium frame lock, it just inspires confidence.

I guess I can mark today in the calendar as a good one! :spyder:
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Sorry here's the pic :spyder:
Attachments
Chokwe-and-Resilience-008.jpg
Chokwe-and-Resilience-008.jpg (102.18 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Very nice. The Chokwe is one of my favorites. The Resiliance looks like a monster!
:bug-red-white
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Congrats on the new knives. I too just got a Chokwe and my feelings for it are mutual. I'm not sure I want a Resilience, but I'm glad for you. That thing is truly a tank!
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
angusW

Post by angusW »

Nice knives wsdavies. Really like the Chokwe a lot. Problem is I'll probably never get it since it's right only. I think it's the only right hand knife I dream of converting to a left some how. Maybe someday I will pick one up after all.

I was looking at the Resilience today at S&R. It was sitting below a Military in the display case. What a monster.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Wow, Chokwe looks like a delica in comparison.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Here's a size comp. for you...The Honeybee and the Resilience. :D

jzmtl wrote:Wow, Chokwe looks like a delica in comparison.
Attachments
Honeybee-and-Resilience.jpg
Honeybee-and-Resilience.jpg (65.22 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
Theodore Roosevelt
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Congratulations on two great knifes. The Chokwe is my favorite Spyderco.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

See, I keep telling you all how good the Chokwe is. Everyone who gets one loves it.
Chokwe, Chokwe, get your Chokwe's now.
This knife will become a classic & all who don't have some will be spewin big time. Even you leftie mob.
O.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

O,just,O wrote:See, I keep telling you all how good the Chokwe is. Everyone who gets one loves it.
Chokwe, Chokwe, get your Chokwe's now.
This.

I held off on getting one for a long time, even when I thought they'd probably be discontinued for 2011, and finally picked one up at the recent Amazon sale. It's now on of my top five favorite Spydercos.

Always thought it looked striking and it has a great story behind it (Look up Clovisc's review of a prototype for details; basically he encountered the original knife during a Peace Corp tour in Africa, gave one to Sal, and magic happened), but I didn't realize how good a user it would be until I held it.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

On a side note, the knife with its slender skinny blade is a fantastic letter opener..not that I bought it for that sort of duty.
yowzer wrote:This.

I held off on getting one for a long time, even when I thought they'd probably be discontinued for 2011, and finally picked one up at the recent Amazon sale. It's now on of my top five favorite Spydercos.

Always thought it looked striking and it has a great story behind it (Look up Clovisc's review of a prototype for details; basically he encountered the original knife during a Peace Corp tour in Africa, gave one to Sal, and magic happened), but I didn't realize how good a user it would be until I held it.
Theodore Roosevelt
ToneGrail

Post by ToneGrail »

wsdavies wrote:Impressions:

Resilience - What a beast! I think the fit and finish are even better than my Tenacious and Persistence. Also, this think flicks open with the slight twitch of your thumb, or if you want it drop opens with a nice downward flick of the wrist, which is fun.
I just got the Resilience a couple of days ago and I agree. This thing flicks open even more effortlessly than the Tenacious. It must be a combination of the heavier blade and less pivot resistance.
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

Nice i hope to snag those soon as well and your nice pics make me want more ...more!!! SPYDIES !!!
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

I want a Chokwe sooooooooo badly! :D
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Well ? doooooooooooooooooooo it. Do it NOW :D
O.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

wsdavies wrote:Here's a size comp. for you...The Honeybee and the Resilience. :D
Haha, thanks. I really should get my hands on a resilience someday.
00max00

Post by 00max00 »

HotSoup wrote:I want a Chokwe sooooooooo badly! :D
Just get one, it is being sold every where.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

So much knife for the money. The thing is sweet. I like a good sized folder so I guess it just fits me. I have relatively large hands and the knife's ergos fit em just right!
jzmtl wrote:Haha, thanks. I really should get my hands on a resilience someday.
Theodore Roosevelt
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

Between the 4 sizes this knife now comes in I don't know which to get.

I really want to see Resilience vs Military test.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Start with the Tenacious....but don't worry because of the price to value ratio you'll own them all. Plus some of the $ from these knives goes into the Colorado tax coffers so you're helping with my kid's education.
JediKnight86 wrote:Between the 4 sizes this knife now comes in I don't know which to get.

I really want to see Resilience vs Military test.
Theodore Roosevelt