Does Spyderco have ANY Tantos in the works?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote:We have a Lum folding Tanto sprint in-the-works.

sal
sal wrote:VG-10 - G-10

sal
This is great news. Thank you.
Any plans for Sprint fixed Lum Tanto?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
sal

Post by sal »

bh49 wrote: Any plans for Sprint fixed Lum Tanto?
Not at this time.

sal
wongKI

Post by wongKI »

Sounds tasty.

How long is the C46 blade?
6leafdom

Post by 6leafdom »

i actually think tanto is a very effective and tough blade shape especially when trying to puncture through tough materials. that secondary edge bites like a karambit. i am definitely looking forward to the lum tanto sprint run!
Blueboost

Post by Blueboost »

sal wrote:We have a Lum folding Tanto sprint in-the-works.

sal
Sal, I can't tell you how long I've been waiting to hear this! :D

Theres so many people out there that love this design. I can tell you 1st hand, from watching the price of ebay auctions on the C46 for 10 years- this is one of the all-time-greats (even if not witnessed by initial sales figures).

I just chewed up my 2nd Tenacious (successfully breaking into the house after my wife and I locked the bottom lock by accident when we stepped into the backyard).

Long live Tenacious #1, and its story of not so honorable demise at TPA airport security. http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... t+security

Point being, the Tenacious replaced my C46 because its one of my prized possessions. After using Tenacious #2 to break into my house, scratching it up, and failing at a refinishing job, I poured a bourbon and pulled the C46 out to reminisce. Thats what lead me here, and put a smile back on my face. The **** thing has been retired, and still.. I want a backup, correction- I want a backup plus a new C46 EDC.

In the meantime, I'll browse the current selection for a new EDC, if I don't resort to Tenacious #3. :spyder:
Kohbanang

Post by Kohbanang »

Love to see the new one,please if one know where you can preorder make a tip,Thanks, on bay there is a black for 299$
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

sal wrote:VG-10 - G-10
Count me in :rolleyes:

Aogami might be........

<:{{{{{>
Tom
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

I'm still waiting for a Tanto Ladybug.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I hope I can order two of these when they come out maybe 3 and the price point should be awesome considering the materials
Pro-V

Post by Pro-V »

I will be all over this! A couple of questions from this newbie, though:

What's the best way to find out when a sprint run like this is released? And how quickly can we expect them to sell out? I would hate to miss this one!!
dialex

Post by dialex »

RJNC wrote:I'm still waiting for a Tanto Ladybug.
Now you're talking! :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Pro-V wrote:I will be all over this! A couple of questions from this newbie, though:

What's the best way to find out when a sprint run like this is released? And how quickly can we expect them to sell out? I would hate to miss this one!!
Just keep an eye on the forum, a sprint one never will pass without notice, especially such an anticipated one. I'm guessing the majority will sell out in the first few weeks, but there are always some "leftovers" from each sprint that hang around for weeks afterward. Of course it depends on the sprint numbers. Obviously this one is a ways away, but when it's closer, just get your name on a pre-order list early and you should be safe.

Really looking forward to this one! I will be putting my name down on a pre-order list as soon as it is started.