will the benchmade blue box work with spydies?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cooldaddyfunk286

will the benchmade blue box work with spydies?

Post by cooldaddyfunk286 »

hey guys, just lookin for the tools to open up or adjust the spydies. what do you all use and where can I get one??

thanks guys!
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

BM BlueBox will work. Most Spydies use Torx head screws, sizes vary from T6 to T10 at least in my experience. You can find suitable tools from pretty much any well stocked hardware store.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

I've heard it works. If it has Hexaglobular bits (Torx), it will work.
NAKK77

Post by NAKK77 »

mine works well
Galatians 2:20
Total Surrender /FONT]
MENTAL

Post by MENTAL »

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45095

There is some good information here CoolFunk
Without Wax
flash900

Post by flash900 »

Creepo wrote:BM BlueBox will work. Most Spydies use Torx head screws, sizes vary from T6 to T10 at least in my experience. You can find suitable tools from pretty much any well stocked hardware store.
Anyone know if the BM Blue includes Torx T6 to T10?
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

flash900 wrote:Anyone know if the BM Blue includes Torx T6 to T10?
Not all of them. T6, T8, and T10 only, IIRC. So it will work for some Spydercos, but not all. since a number of them use T9.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cooldaddyfunk286

Post by cooldaddyfunk286 »

any good recommendation for a set of torx or something that includes all the size bits youd need for all spydies?? kind of a good all inclusive set, or something that should cover most of them?

thanks for all the great info fellas.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Home Depot sells a small set that includes a bit for every size Torx fastener Spyderco uses under their Husky brand. Lowes sells the exact same set, in different colors, under their Kobalt brand.

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

Kershaw T-Tool works for most Spydies, and fits on your keychain. It has a T6, T8 and a Small Philips head bit.

I would love to see Spyderco come out with a similar tool.
donvito

Post by donvito »

monsterdog wrote:Kershaw T-Tool works for most Spydies, and fits on your keychain. It has a T6, T8 and a Small Philips head bit.

I would love to see Spyderco come out with a similar tool.
I have the Kershaw T-Tool and while it's great and can always be with you, the bits are a bit on the soft side and can/will deform with tough screws and lose their function, but on the plus side won't strip them.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

The Deacon wrote:Home Depot sells a small set that includes a bit for every size Torx fastener Spyderco uses under their Husky brand. Lowes sells the exact same set, in different colors, under their Kobalt brand.

These work great in my experience--I've heard that Benchmade torx bits rust easier than the Husky ones (just forum hearsay on my part). The quality of the steel is pretty good on the husky, none of mine have malformed from use at all.

I'd absolutely recommend the Husky over BM set, as it has more bits and costs less. But I've never used BM's, I almost got it but found out about the Husky, and haven't looked back
The General

Post by The General »

Yes it will though I find the bits provided are very weak and bend easily.

Also your Spyderco will bite you afterwards for sullying it with a product from that company. ;) :D
My real name is Wayne :D