Why is Safety Orange on so few blades and mostly Slip-Its

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
phobiarg

Why is Safety Orange on so few blades and mostly Slip-Its

Post by phobiarg »

I would kill for a Manix in safety orange. I'd also buy a delica with G10 with FFG if it were orange. I love the orange handled blades, much more socially acceptable in the workplace.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

So agreed!
:spyder:Delica 4 PE, Tenacious PE, SS Cricket PE, Bayshooter Wave Endura.
WISHLIST: Southfork
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Maybe do a blade swap with the upcoming all black manix 2 and have a goblin manix 2? I'd like to see one although it won't be for me.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I plan on RIT dying a pink one to make it orange. I'm still not sure how G-10 will take the dye but it might be a good weekend project.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I love orange and would love to see orange Caly3 or Caly3.5
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ICSK

Post by ICSK »

There are only 2 slipjoint knives that come in orange: the UK Penknife and Urban. It's just that the UK Penknife has so many variations!

As for me, I'd love to see the new UKPK in orange as well. I personally think the orange really compliments the texture of the knife. Here's a mockup I did not too long ago:

spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

ORANGE! makes me smile :D
I too would love to see an orange Manix 2...and the orange dodo!

39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Good question. I've been screamin' for more Orange for months. :)
ninemm

Post by ninemm »

I just need to throw in my .02c and say that I LOVE ORANGE. Please Spyderco bring in some more models with orange FRN or orange G10. :D
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

I made a Goblin Military because I love orange with black :D (sorry for the crap pictures)
Vic
Manix Guy 2

Agree

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

All I can say is I was told that there will be a Orange Manix 2 in FFG S30V in the near future . Yes I am on the list . Regards MG2
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:All I can say is I was told that there will be a Orange Manix 2 in FFG S30V in the near future . Yes I am on the list . Regards MG2
Orange S30V FFG Manix 2?? Where is this list?
:bug-red-white
v8r

Post by v8r »

I am on the list also! Cant say where right yet .
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Niles

Post by Niles »

To the makers of the list,

Please add my name!

Would it be possible for Spyderco to sell different colors of G10 handles for already made models? It seems like this would be a pretty easy thing to do. Obviously there might be some warranty warnings/issues, but it'd be awesome to have some cheap color options!

Either way, Orange for any model, count me in!
Manix Guy 2

Near Future

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Niles , wish I could help , the originator of the list should be letting out information in the near future . I can say it will be a short run . Regards MG2
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Know it's not the answer you're looking for, but given the number of color options Spyderco provides for us, the most logical reason that one is not offered would be concern it may not sell well. A color that sells acceptably well on a SlipIt, rescue knife, and occasional Sprint Run may not do so on a more mainstream model in regular production. I know that, even though from a purely logical POV orange is easier to find if misplaced, and probably perceived as less threatening by NKP's, from an esthetic POV it's pretty far down on my list of acceptable colors.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:Niles , wish I could help , the originator of the list should be letting out information in the near future . I can say it will be a short run . Regards MG2
ohhh that's mean...
Niles

Post by Niles »

It adds to the intrigue!
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I would love an orange Endura G10, and an Endura4 with orange frn. I've seen some sights that can make custom g10 scales for production knives, but it wouldnt be the same, I like to keep my Spydies original.
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:All I can say is I was told that there will be a Orange Manix 2 in FFG S30V in the near future . Yes I am on the list . Regards MG2
This only deepens my thought that this will happen...In my quest for a particular custom run done by us, I was interested in something with the orange, only to get denied because it would "conflict with another similar knife" to come...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer