ATTENTION - counterfeit Warrior out there!

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.

ATTENTION - counterfeit Warrior out there!

Post by 224477 »

Guys, be carefull, 'unknown, possibly chinese, manufacturer'* launched currently a fake Spyderco Warrior:

*or China, if you like it :D
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Typical Chinese fake - even in the site they say "H1 steel" but in another place admit that it is "8Cr13" :rolleyes:

I wonder if someone with a genuine Warrior could spot the differences to help people spot the fakes?
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

ChrisR wrote:Typical Chinese fake - even in the site they say "H1 steel" but in another place admit that it is "8Cr13" :rolleyes:

I wonder if someone with a genuine Warrior could spot the differences to help people spot the fakes?
Don't own one, but the most obvious differences would the sheath and the typeface of the H-1 lettering.

Real Warrior has a black ballistic nylon sheath and H-1 is written in the "speed lettering" typical of H-1 markings on Spyderco's Salt series knives.

Fake has the arguably more attractive :o brown leather sheath and that odd, almost script, H-1 lettering.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Ahh, yes I see the H1 is in completely the wrong font ... and the top edge is ground differently. The sheath is obviously different but I could imagine some unscrupulous individual on eBay saying they'd changed the sheath for one they'd made themselves.
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Box is wrong too, it's the older grey with web design. I'd agree someone could misrepresent the sheath. Problem is, the folks most likely to buy these fall into two categories. The ones who know little or nothing about Spydercos and won't notice any of the differences, and the ones who know it's fake but buy it anyway because it's a lot cheaper than the real one. We may look down on the second group, but at least they won't be badmouthing Spyderco when their knife fails to perform or sending it in for warranty work.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

That's very true ... when everyone knows it is a fake then it is still wrong but less damaging IMO than when someone misrepresents it as the real thing.
oregon

Post by oregon »

224477 wrote:Guys, be carefull, China launched currently a fake Spyderco Warrior:
Is the brown sheath alone offered for sale? :D

LOL thanks to The Deacon.

BTW, I recently spent the day with a warrior, recent but former active duty soldier from the mid-east, and he talked about the importance keeping weapons on your person. This applies to the original sheath of the Warrior knife which has many strong fastening points in order to keep the knife with you. He said that while manning the hatch of the APC he would always keep an underfold AK slung tightly to his torso. This was in case he was ejected, form an IED for example, out of the hatch like a cannon ball so that if he survived he could carry on with the fight even if all of his companions were dead. The idea being that his issued army weapon wouldn't stay with him, would be stripped away from his body as he left the exploding vehicle because it was too large and didn't have enough fastening points. He survived intact. (sidebar: we went to a local gunshow (I found and bot a nearly new Catcherman) where I tried to keep him from quickly dismantling a variety of exotic weapons in front of amazed vendors while the warrior spun first person stories of each weapons usage like a verbal select-fire gun. He spell bound veterans while I, never having fired a gun in anger, became increasingly uneasy so I broke away to search for obscure cutlery). I gave him a NIB Kris which he fancied.

Here are some pics of an authentic Warrior for your amusement (taken by myself today, 9-19-2010):

Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

I went to that website: YJKK.com (i had to use an online chinese to english translator) and saw that they have a whole selection of "Sypderco" knives from those commonly seen on e-bay to some other copies i haven't seen before.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Also something else different about the fake warrior that I haven't seen anyone else mention Is the frn is different
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK

Post by 224477 »

yjkk.com is as far as I know only reseller of this sh*t, actually its close to impossible to track down the factory which is making these. The other posted counterfeits are known, I have seen the Warrior yet, so I thought it a novelty and its fine to update the others about its presence.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I'd go by the bidirectional textureing on the grip. the knock off just has sqaures.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

How do you people come across these things? Those found on ebay or DX sure, and they can pollute the market. But websites like this is really intended for chinese domestic markets, do you go through them looking for fake knives to complain about?

Okay I just did a mock check out, they don't even ship outside of china, so why do you even bother looking at it with a translator?
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

I love how "CHINA" launched a fake, not a person or manufacturer, BUT THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WAS IS ON IT.

Not to detract from the fact that stealing the design and advertising as authentic is right. Its not at all, but just be careful how you phrase things. Its insulting towards some.

Post by 224477 »

224477 wrote:Guys, be carefull, "unknown chinese manufacturer"* launched currently a fake Spyderco Warrior:

*or China, if you prefer

Post by 224477 »

Hotsoup,

the way I see it - maybe you could stop yellin` on how I dared to use the 'Ch' starting word, and try to educate the people of great nation about a thing called intelectual property. Then we wouldnt need a subforum for counterfeit products like this one, and I wouldnt have to call the 'Ch starting word'. :)

And appologize to you for the insultation.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Wasn't yelling :)
Theres nothing wrong with saying China, and I definitely didn't want to be the bad guy, its just that, generalizing like that could be insulting to some people, though I agree that manufacturers IN China stealing designs and brand names is a recurring theme.