Whatup folks....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Fred Sanford

Whatup folks....

Post by Fred Sanford »

Whatup folks....

Been away a while doing other stuff. Lurking from time to time. Just wanted to say that I still love this place. This place and the USN are a second home to me. Got a ton of stuff going on in my life right now and hope to have it settle down soon. Good stuff. ;)

And I gotta tell ya, not dawgin' on Spyderco at all, but I've just been carrying the crap out of this Emerson CQC-7B that Tom Krein reground into an "A" type blade for me. This knife is really really unbelievable. I love it.......it's got some soul. Fact is, for a while now (3 months) it's kicked everything out of my pocket.

I I thought I would throw in a couple pics....and just say hey.

Still got Spydies.......and still love 'em. Not sure what will be next on my list. Been spending extra money on Glocks and ammo.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi to some new faces I've seen around here and throw back a scotch whiskey or two with some good old friends.

I'll be around, and you guys kick butt.

I see I'm gonna have to come back for some PB&J moments when needed.

Got the Calendar for 2011. Love it. Thanks Joyce, Kristi, and all from Spyderco!!!

Later for now... :spyder:
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Hey Dave. Good to see you're still around. It's a shame you're not EDC'ing a Spydie right now but I'm sure you'll come back eventually. I must admit that the grind lines are really nice on that Emerson. I know from personal experience how good Tom's work is. Glad that everything is going good for you. I look forward to seeing more of you around these parts. :)
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Dave, great to see you!
I have a very similar knife, also reground by Tom. His grinds are insanely sharp!
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

Hey, I like Emersons too, CQC-7 is one of my favorites. As soon as I get some spare cash I'm going to get another.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

That's a sweet knife! I never really liked the A version and thought your's looked nothing like it. But comparing some pics, it seems the higher grind and the extended swedge really make a difference. It looks like a sweet clip point now rather than a spear point.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Hi David, thanks for the update, don't be a stranger.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Nice to see ya posting around here again, Dave!

The Emerson CQC-7B looks great. Like the shape and that two-tone color the blade has. That's beautiful workmanship by Mr. Krein.

Enjoy the knife and thanks for sharing the picture!
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

Good to see you Dave.
:spyder: The peace of heaven is theirs that lift their swords, in such a just and charitable war.
-William Shakespeare :spyder:
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Hey David
Great to see you're doing well. Thanks for the update and pics. What glock have you been spending spy die money on?
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Hey Dave :)

Long time no see buddy. Hope you've been well. Please don't be a stranger, visit often and give us some of your thoughts when you get the chance :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *